Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
193 Posts
I just saw a post on Face Book showing that Tripwire has mailed one of his HDPE slingshots to Donald Trump Jr. in NY. No mention if this was ordered or sent as a gift.

Most likely the result of an order placed. I know that it used to be customary that one of the top saddle makers used to send the President a custom built saddle. Could this be a way to advance the awareness of the sport of slingshot shooting?

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's pretty cool. I did hear Donald T. Jr. is a fan of elk hunting (maybe with the bow?). Could be he's itching for some shooting sports in the offseason!

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts
Donald Trump Jr. not senior... He is a fan of slingshots and slingshot shooting. We've done quite a bit of business... but it's not really appropriate to talk about what customers order and so forth, unless they say it's okay...

·
985 Posts
I did wonder about that. Seemed a little weird to post it on social media.

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I saw that... This is something you shouldn't even do to a regular customer. Sharing someone else's private particulars on social media is just not on. IMO this goes against data protection sensibilities and is just poor behaviour. All he had to do was to blur out the mailing address and it would still have been cool and all.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I'm still just trying to picture him taking slingshots seriously but I mean whatever we all do, what makes him different. I guess I just feel like people with that kind of loot would look down their noses at the humble slingshot, but again, even millionaires like to go fishing, Very strange that it was posted on Fb as well, I feel like Im about to wake up any minute and "Go woah, that was a weird one." haha

·
Banned
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chef: I've met some high dollar successful people who made me feel like I was every bit as good as they are and treated me no differently than anyone else. I suspect President Trump and his sons are just that way.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello, im tripwire and yes i ask him first if i could post it. Hes a big fan of slingshots and would live to see more compitions in the US. He would very much like to grow the sport in any way. And BTW that wasnt a home address , it goes to the secret service before he ever touches it. Just thought i would clear this up.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Hello, im tripwire and yes i ask him first if i could post it. Hes a big fan of slingshots and would live to see more compitions in the US. He would very much like to grow the sport in any way. And BTW that wasnt a home address , it goes to the secret service before he ever touches it. Just thought i would clear this up.
That's a very cool story and thanks for sharing! It's good to know that the simplest things are enjoyed by everyone!

·
985 Posts
Good to know Tripwire! And awesome to have such notable people enjoying such a simple sport.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts