Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave the Presise Cold Weather Red 0.70 latex a try for the first time and was presently surprised. I use 5/16 and 3/8 steel and it preformed better than expected.

I didn't keep count, but it definitely lasted longer than the .075 latex that I normally shot and was my favorite before I put everything away. I was satisfied with the longevity, speed and power.

I have to order some 0.70 and 0.75 Presise 3rd Generation to see how they compare to the Hygenic I used to shoot.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
My precise Anti-cold .70 is good to hunt with in -15°C (5°F) temps...I've never gone out in colder yet...but there wasn't any noticeable drop in speed or power at those temps...which is pretty chilly...and I just hang the slingshot from my wrist by the lanyard for hours at a time...
My cuts for 3/8 steel is 3/4"-1/2" for a 43" draw when maxed...which needs to be cut a tad longer than with the normal stuff;as it doesn't stretch the same...normally I cut my bands with an active length of 8" and over max them to 43...but with this stuff I only get to about 41" with same cut.
It does break in after awhile though...but if I have to cut anymore this spring, it will be cut a 1/4" longer...

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the air temperature and taper used ?
I was shooting between 25 and 35 degrees. I never got a chance to try in our colder temps because I got it to late. The weather is warming up here in Connecticut so I'll see how it shoots in the warmer temps. I still want to try the 3rd Generation and if it is as good as the cold weather red I won't be missing the Hygenic.

I have a short draw at 27" and was cutting the tapers at 1" x 3/4".

The feel and stretch is different from the Hygenic and had to tweak the active a little, but they are a snappy band and did not disappoint.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Once the temps warm up to about 8 to10°C (46 to 50°F) the Anti-cold .70 starts getting sluggish and the 3rd Gen .70 performs better...in my experiences..
I intended to do chrony testing but never got around to it...

MW

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think you will like the gen 3. It's stretch is much smoother. Enjoy
If you're saying the 3rd Generation stretch is much smoother than the "Red" I can't wait to get some, because I'm already happy with the "Red". Our temps are on the rise daily so I have to order some now and put the "Red" away. Thanks Joe.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not quite North Dakota cold. It does get to zero a lot. I believe one morning on my way to work I saw -20 this year. I don't care how it preforms when its that cold I'm not going outside to use it. But thanks to MickmaqWorrior, and fsa46 I will by trying next winter in the zero range. thanks Wes

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Where does one find these 'cold weather' bands... eg. Anti Cold .70 or 3rd Generation? North Dakota's probably as cold as Nova Scotia, you could probably hang beef in my darn basement. At this moment 8:40pm, 03/31/2019 it's 29 degrees.
I order mine at snipersling.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts