Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,565 Posts
It's often a somewhat frustrating challenge to hold a band onto a fork tip and start the wrapping process, without the band moving away from the fork tip, out of your intended alignment. I think that's in their band DNA, I'll have to do some research...

I thought that there's got to be a "better way" to assure that the band stays in place, especially during the first couple of wraps.

So, my "thinker" thought that there should be an easier way to initially hold the band in place, other than relying on one's thumb.

Have you ever used "carpet tape"? Carpet tape is tape which has adhesive on both sides, one side for the floor, and one side for the carpet.

Well, there's also "Glue Dots", which are transparent (usually) double-adhesive sided small-coin-size circles/discs, which is a mouthful to say, which is why I prefer typing. Available in places that sell stationery supplies.

Simply press a Glue Dot to the fork tip and it will adhere to it. Then place your band end exactly where you want it, over the Glue Dot, and press the band onto the Glue Dot. During the entire time that you're doing this, you can be sucking your thumb, instead of laboring it.

Now you can wrap away without the band becoming misaligned at the very beginning.

This brilliant FREE tip, which you heard here first, is provided to you, my lovely brethren and sisthren, with the blessings of

THWACK!

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "Glue Dots" are also great to hold a set of double-bands together, before one even attaches them to the fork tip. That way, they won't separate from each other as you place them onto the Glue Dotted fork tip.

From the questionable mind of

THWACK!

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scotch sells a double sided tape that come in the same dispenser that their regular tape comes in. I think I'll give it a try. Great idea!
Yes, they do, but the Glue Dots are more fun to play with ; )

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, THWACK!

I bestow upon you the prestigious and coveted Macgyver Award!
Many thanks, bro', and yes, I possess a Swiss Army knife! (Among 12 Moras, 2 Ka-Bars, etc., etc.)

Enjoy!

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glue Dot do come in tape form with a dispenser. Or is the rounded type being mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Glue Dot do come in tape form with a dispenser. Or is the rounded type being mentioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, Glue Dots are on a roll, and they get peeled off as you apply them. Each dot is a disc/coin shape.

THWACK!

Reactions: Tag and shaost

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Font Wood Circle Advertising Logo

Scotch sells a double sided tape that come in the same dispenser that their regular tape comes in. I think I'll give it a try. Great idea!
Just to let you know, the Glue Dots have a LOT more stickability than the 3M Scotch brand double adhesive sided tape.

Did I mention a LOT more?

Enjoy!

THWACK!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
attachicon.gif
IMG_5671.JPG

Just to let you know, the Glue Dots have a LOT more stickability than the 3M Scotch brand double adhesive sided tape.

Enjoy!

THWACK!
I will look for them!

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
attachicon.gif
IMG_5671.JPG

Enjoy!

THWACK!
I will look for them!
Are you aware that Brooklyn is part of Long Island? Yup, the westernmost part of the island. That's a secret between you and me.

Ok, one more secret - The "Coney" in "Coney Island" (which was never an island) was a type of rabbit. Now go annoy your friends and family with those tidbits.

Enjoy!

THWACK!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
attachicon.gif
IMG_5671.JPG

Enjoy!

THWACK!
I will look for them!
Are you aware that Brooklyn is part of Long Island? Yup, the westernmost part of the island. That's a secret between you and me.

Ok, one more secret - The "Coney" in "Coney Island" (which was never an island) was a type of rabbit. Now go annoy your friends and family with those tidbits.

Enjoy!

THWACK!
Did you know that there is a town in (on?) Long Island called Lynbrook? Most of the original inhabitants traveled east from Brooklyn. The name was derived by dividing

Brooklyn into its syllables and transposing them. I guess you can take the person out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the person!

·
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
attachicon.gif
IMG_5671.JPG

Enjoy!

THWACK!
I will look for them!

Enjoy!

THWACK!
Did you know that there is a town in (on?) Long Island called Lynbrook? Most of the original inhabitants traveled east from Brooklyn. The name was derived by dividing

Brooklyn into its syllables and transposing them. I guess you can take the person out of Brooklyn, but you can't take the Brooklyn out of the person!
Good info about Lynbrook - something new to me, cool.

Nobody even tries to take the Brooklyn outta me, f'getaboutit!

Conveyor-belt pizza? F'getaboutit!

Best2u,

THWACK!

Okay - here's one for you - "The Bronx". A rich Dutch family by the name of "Bronck" (sic?) owned all the land in what is now referred to as "The Bronx". If you were in high social circles and was invited to their parties, you'd tell folks that you're going partying at the Bronk's. - hence "The Bronx".

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
... and if the Bronck's served something not to your liking, it was considered polite to show your disapproval by putting your tongue between your lips and exhaling sharply. Hence the term "Bronx cheer."

oddly enough, the woman depicted on the original Whoopee Cushion is Carmela Bronck, the great grand niece of Mistress Anika Bronk, the daughter of the original Bronck family.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts