Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The price of steel is starting to go up, I'm going to do another large order and that will be it for 3/8" size. I have said that before but the writing is on the wall and like I said I do have more 3/8" then should be aloud.

I'll be using the 3/8" for pest bird hunting while shooting a lot more 1/4" for messing around.

My new prices of 5/16" are pretty close to the 3/8" price with this companies last new shipment from ?, so why bother with 5/16". I already have a lot of 5/16" and many times take a just small handful with me just for smacking starlings, although 1/4" zings out pretty darn fast with my set ups.and would smack a starling pretty well when driven fast.

The 1/4" are still pretty good price wise, and in a few weeks I may place another large order and be done with it. I really like carrying this small ammo as I can carry a lot and shoot on the cheap. The slingshots with the lighter single tubes are nice to pull back, yet send the ammo out quick, that's for sure.

wll

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The price of steel is starting to go up, I'm going to do another large order and that will be it for 3/8" size. I have said that before but the writing is on the wall and like I said I do have more 3/8" then should be aloud.

I'll be using the 3/8" for pest bird hunting while shooting a lot more 1/4" for messing around.

My new prices of 5/16" are pretty close to the 3/8" price with this companies last new shipment from ?, so why bother with 5/16". I already have a lot of 5/16" and many times take a just small handful with me just for smacking starlings, although 1/4" zings out pretty darn fast with my set ups.and would smack a starling pretty well when driven fast.

The 1/4" are still pretty good price wise, and in a few weeks I may place another large order and be done with it. I really like carrying this small ammo as I can carry a lot and shoot on the cheap. The slingshots with the lighter single tubes are nice to pull back, yet send the ammo out quick, that's for sure.

wll
Didn't wait a couple of weeks, I just ordered more 1/4". I have been shooting these small balls all over the place with single 1745's and single 3050 and ripping it up - they can be used for 177 cal BB's and send those out like a tightrope although they are overbore tubes for these little guys !!.

I can then change to looped 1636's and send lightning bolts to my intended target if I really want speed. The looped 1636 send 5/16" steel out very, very well also. I do have a lot of 5/16" but with the price climbing up I save those for hunting pest birds as I mentioned.

I may go back out to my shooting area today, but the wind is really bad and makes going out a chore.

wll

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.