Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,854 Posts
So I have been shooting a lot of paper lately. I ended up making a .pdf file with targets on it, both for 10 meter and combined 20+ and 10 meter targets.

When printed on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper these should print the 10 meter rings as 2.06" (2 and 1/16", just under the 2 and 1/8 that my old caliper says a soda can lip is). The 20 meter ring should print as 3.31" or 3 and 5/16", or what my old caliper gets for a 5 oz. tuna can. Both have 3/4" red bullseye's in the middle.

I made sets with and without cross hairs.

The targets are spaced out far enough to (hopefully) be able to hang a single sheet with multiple targets. Of course, they can be cut apart and mounted separately as well.

I have been printing on photo paper and find they are stiff enough to hang and shoot as is that way. I have also been printing on regular paper and mounting on cardboard using double sided tape.

This has been useful for me, hopefully some others will find useful as well. I also hope they print accurately for others, and thanks in advance for anyone who lets me know if they do or do not.

HDF

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The paper isn't nearly as much fun as whapping spinners, bashing cans, and so many other fun targets. But I found it helped me a lot. My eyes tend to fool me into thinking my misses were closer than they were with other targets. But the paper is brutally honest. And while sometimes deflating it has helped me a lot.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great targets!

Paper targets, on a card-board backing, have been the main feature in my catch box for quite some time now. They have caused me to get 'down-right serious' with my accuracy, and that has definitely paid off.

'Cause you know . . . "The only interesting slingshot shooting - is accurate slingshot shooting" :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
High Desert Flipper: Thanks for the targets. I was able to print them with no problems although they are black and white. I can easily add red. I shoot at paper targets myself a lot because I am still pretty much a beginner and I can see what I am not hitting. I have a paper target of my own that I could post if I can figure out how to do so. What's the best location on the forum to post it on? Does it matter? Stay Healthy.

·
Super Moderator
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shooting paper may not be the funnest, but is really helpful. My eyes often lie to me about how close the misses were, but the paper is brutally honest with that.

Attaching the files (.pdf works for many) is a convenient way to share the targets. I think there is also a file upload / template section here.

Lots of great people sharing lots of great things, part of what makes this forum so good.

Cheers!

HDF

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.