Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the winner of the Turkey Day Giveaway that Old Iowan so generously made available. Dennis shipped the package right away. It was shipped on 11/29 via priority and it just showed up today! USPS really dropped the ball on this one. It made it all the way to NY and then for some reason did an about face and ended up back in Iowa! Dennis was great in contacting USPS and starting a claim. According to them "We don't know where it is, but it's definitely not lost"! After traveling cross country a couple of times and then sitting in Brooklyn for three days, the box arrived a little beat up...
Newspaper Publication Font Packaging and labeling Wood

But when I opened it up, all was good!Dennis also included a bag of buckeyes and a bunch of para cord zipper pulls. I think there are enough forks in here to keep me quite busy!
Automotive tire Wood Plant Trunk Twig

Thanks again to Dennis, his wife and the great folks here on the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congratulations glad it made it to you! Looks like some porch pirates took a peek inside your box and didn't realize the value in gold you had in there! Looking forward to your upcoming builds! Happy build'n and sling'n!

Sling-On!
Here's a funny thing... So I had to contact USPS to "discuss" what the problem was. I wasn't rude but clearly not happy. The agent was very nice and understanding. She wanted to help me get my valuable package as quickly as possible. I can only imagine her face when she asked me what the contents were and it's value and I had to answer "Um a bunch of sticks and no actual monetary value"! :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mighty glad all turned out well....finally.....considering the fiasco the USPS caused!! I believe it to be a Christmas Miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI - I'm going to do another give-away AFTER the first of the year and this time the package will be INSURED and SIGNATURE required!!

Every time a bell rings a slinger finds a tree fork :wave:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts