Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How bout a look at a PS-2 in the Birch Multiplex unstained all natural with it's four coats of Spar Varnish almost ready to ship out. Just waiting on the delivery of some Theraband material.

Thanks for lookin'!!!!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice contrasts in that natural finish!
Skit,
I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out!!!
It's the fist (natural) that's been ordered in the multiplex.
So far I'm liking this material. It does have a few quirks to get used to when working it.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
Nice contrasts in that natural finish!
Skit,
So far I'm liking this material. It does have a few quirks to get used to when working it.
[/quote]
Those 'quirks' of the differing wood lams are what will make each slingshot unique.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Ok I got to say it, That's a nice looking slingshot...Great job as always Pallan, if I ever get things together I might just have to buy me one....does this count as eating my words???

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I have always thought of "plywood" as a second rate wood to use for slingshots, but after trading with Baumstaam for a few shooters I began to see how dead wrong I have been. His multiplex slingshots quickly became a regular guest in my slingshot bag. This new one from Pallan is really nice looking, not to mention the design is pretty cool as well. It is very different from a solid hardwood slingshot and has a different kind of look, that if finished well, looks stout, strong and tournament ready. It sure is more demanding of proper attention to grain when sanding for a smooth finish and is harder on blades when cutting, probably because of the glue. I'm glad to have a new material to work with now, but I will still make solid wood slingshots for me once in a while, along with bent steel ones too.

·
Super Moderator
6,511 Posts
Great looking frame Perry! Love all the different colored layers. Gotta love Spar Poly. I've been using it for years. Flatband

·
~Pouch Maker~
15,472 Posts
I think, in this case actual beauty is not came out from wood rather it is from "Brilliant Craftsmanship" - Another masterpiece from A+ factory

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
eshot thank you very much!!!! You made my day!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have always thought of "plywood" as a second rate wood to use for slingshots, but after trading with Baumstaam for a few shooters I began to see how dead wrong I have been. His multiplex slingshots quickly became a regular guest in my slingshot bag. This new one from Pallan is really nice looking, not to mention the design is pretty cool as well. It is very different from a solid hardwood slingshot and has a different kind of look, that if finished well, looks stout, strong and tournament ready. It sure is more demanding of proper attention to grain when sanding for a smooth finish and is harder on blades when cutting, probably because of the glue. I'm glad to have a new material to work with now, but I will still make solid wood slingshots for me once in a while, along with bent steel ones too.
SMITTY dont stop making the Bent Steel they shoot very well.I dont know which one i shoot better.im much better then i though.BENT STEEL ROCKS.THAT ALL I SAY NOW.
BENT STEEL ROCKS

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Don't worry ... I enjoy shooting twisted metal slingshots too. Hey that is a cool name ! I'm gonna call mine "Smitty Twisted Metal Slingshots", I think it has a nice "ring" to it (when "hit").
I think they are just too smooth shooting to quit playing with.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Don't worry ... I enjoy shooting twisted metal slingshots too. Hey that is a cool name ! I'm gonna call mine "Smitty Twisted Metal Slingshots", I think it has a nice "ring" to it (when "hit").
I don't know Twisted Smitty's metal slingshot sounds better

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
I don't know Twisted Smitty's metal slingshot sounds better

[/quote]

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It just may be that everyone who plays with slingshots wood or steel is a bit "twisted"!!!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Perry,
I don't know how this post got by me, but, from the title, I thought I was gonna learn about a natural fork made from a "multi-plex" tree.

... Nice slingshot, though. Very nice, like all your work.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's exactly what it is!!! Multiplex is very rare and only grows deep in the forest near Xanadu. I got exclusive logging rights just for my catties. If you count the layers you can tell how old it was when harvested.

Thanks DH!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts