Slingshots Forum banner

PS-2 in Multiplex (Natural)

4K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  A+ Slingshots 
#1 ·
How bout a look at a PS-2 in the Birch Multiplex unstained all natural with it's four coats of Spar Varnish almost ready to ship out. Just waiting on the delivery of some Theraband material.

Thanks for lookin'!!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Skit,
I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out!!!
It's the fist (natural) that's been ordered in the multiplex.
So far I'm liking this material. It does have a few quirks to get used to when working it.

#9 ·
I have always thought of "plywood" as a second rate wood to use for slingshots, but after trading with Baumstaam for a few shooters I began to see how dead wrong I have been. His multiplex slingshots quickly became a regular guest in my slingshot bag. This new one from Pallan is really nice looking, not to mention the design is pretty cool as well. It is very different from a solid hardwood slingshot and has a different kind of look, that if finished well, looks stout, strong and tournament ready. It sure is more demanding of proper attention to grain when sanding for a smooth finish and is harder on blades when cutting, probably because of the glue. I'm glad to have a new material to work with now, but I will still make solid wood slingshots for me once in a while, along with bent steel ones too.

#10 ·
Great looking frame Perry! Love all the different colored layers. Gotta love Spar Poly. I've been using it for years. Flatband

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
eshot thank you very much!!!! You made my day!!!

#14 ·
Don't worry ... I enjoy shooting twisted metal slingshots too. Hey that is a cool name ! I'm gonna call mine "Smitty Twisted Metal Slingshots", I think it has a nice "ring" to it (when "hit").
I think they are just too smooth shooting to quit playing with.

#15 ·
Don't worry ... I enjoy shooting twisted metal slingshots too. Hey that is a cool name ! I'm gonna call mine "Smitty Twisted Metal Slingshots", I think it has a nice "ring" to it (when "hit").
I think they are just too smooth shooting to quit playing with.
I don't know Twisted Smitty's metal slingshot sounds better

#17 ·
It just may be that everyone who plays with slingshots wood or steel is a bit "twisted"!!!

#19 ·
That's exactly what it is!!! Multiplex is very rare and only grows deep in the forest near Xanadu. I got exclusive logging rights just for my catties. If you count the layers you can tell how old it was when harvested.

Thanks DH!!!

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hehehe I'll check it Harper!!! Maybe that's been my problem all along.

#25 ·
Great friend! Anytime you're ready I'll get on it.

#26 ·
Thanks RIDE!

#27 ·
I like that medicine you're taking Perry! Xanadu?
Flatband

#29 ·
Wonderful!!! I'm glad you liked it. Enjoy!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.