Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Attaching bands to the slingshot is easy and manageable. However, how do you check if both bands are same length? Or is it NOT that crucial if it's off a few mm.
Thanks.
Peresh.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
I fold the pouch in half so that the front edges line up and then see if the angles are straight under no tension.

·
Registered
399 Posts
not crutial at all.

Slingshot is a rough 'projectile' tool no matter what high-tech are used in making it.

The accuracy depends mainly on the shooter. A few mm.doesn't matter at all.

For reference.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I have a fixed band 4 strand attatchment so the tubes do need to be the same length,I rough cut the tubes within a couple of mills attatch the tubes to the pouch fold in half at the pouch and trim to length,

·
Registered
691 Posts
not crutial at all.

Slingshot is a rough 'projectile' tool no matter what high-tech are used in making it.

For reference.
Depends on what you mean few mm. In my experiment it is important .I hold the slingshot sideways so if one of my band is shorter, then as I experienced it will pull the pouch faster and the ball will go either up or down of the target.
I try to put the bands on the pouch even both sides .Then I attache the other end to the fork and I let the pouch hang free while the slingshot is in horizontal position this way It hangs freely and I realy can see if 1 band is sorter then the other.
Also slingshot is basically very simple 1 Y shaped wood ,2 bands and a pouch but as I experianced there are manny things that needs to be look out for.esspecialy with tapered bands. If one shoots instinctively and not an experianced shooter might not see the different but I use the fork to aim and this way even I can see if my setup doesn't shoot the way it suppose to.(it happends many times)

What do you guys think about this ???

G

·
not crutial at all.

For reference.
Depends on what you mean few mm. In my experiment it is important .I hold the slingshot sideways so if one of my band is shorter, then as I experienced it will pull the pouch faster and the ball will go either up or down of the target.
I try to put the bands on the pouch even both sides .Then I attache the other end to the fork and I let the pouch hang free while the slingshot is in horizontal position this way It hangs freely and I realy can see if 1 band is sorter then the other.
Also slingshot is basically very simple 1 Y shaped wood ,2 bands and a pouch but as I experianced there are manny things that needs to be look out for.esspecialy with tapered bands. If one shoots instinctively and not an experianced shooter might not see the different but I use the fork to aim and this way even I can see if my setup doesn't shoot the way it suppose to.(it happends many times)

What do you guys think about this ???
[/quote]

that is right,the length inaccuracy is no more than 1.5mm for both side tube or flatband.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The most uneven I've ever had a bandset was maybe 3-4mm longer on one side. I didn't notice any negative side effects from it, but I'd imagine things would be different were they much more out of whack than that. Again, one shooter may notice more or less difference than another depending upon style of shooting, type of band, and whatnot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts