Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has someone put to the test the Chiefs Quick Point method of hitting a moving target or any target? And does his information reveal anything we dont already know by use of a slingshot. Any Nuggets out there???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Dgui,

I think it's really just a case of the fact Chief is a wicked good instinctive shooter. His DVD that comes with the QP Slingshot doesn't really cover much but basics and his products.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
It's a method that I've started the first steps of learning. I mentioned in another thread that lately I been shooting with a two second draw/release. The distance between a two second draw, and quickpoint shooting is a huge distance, and that's about what I've bumped it down to just recently. I'll move down gradually while being sure I'm succeeding at each level. There was a video of on another forum about a fella that lived in a village(?) somewhere in Africa I wanna say. He is an amazing quickpoint shot. Nothing against Cheif at all, Cheif is a great QP shot as well. But I believe as a slingshot shooter, that is what we want to strive to be. It makes us that much better.

I actually had a higher percentage of hits, by decreasing the time I hold my draw position, from what I use too. You have to build your confidence to the level that you know when your slingshot is where it's supposed to be, in order to hit the target. When we draw and hold for 3, 4 or 5 seconds, we drift back and forth over the correct release point. This makes us tired, and I believe our percentage hit rate is suffering because of that. I wouldn't suggest trying to QP shoot right off the bat, I wouldn't. Build up to it. I believe it's a challenging, skillful technique we should all strive to learn.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's interesting Jim. Even when I was a kid I had a quick release when shooting slingshot. I don't hold it at full draw for long. It's nice to know others do the same as well.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a method that I've started the first steps of learning. I mentioned in another thread that lately I been shooting with a two second draw/release. The distance between a two second draw, and quickpoint shooting is a huge distance, and that's about what I've bumped it down to just recently. I'll move down gradually while being sure I'm succeeding at each level. There was a video of on another forum about a fella that lived in a village(?) somewhere in Africa I wanna say. He is an amazing quickpoint shot. Nothing against Cheif at all, Cheif is a great QP shot as well. But I believe as a slingshot shooter, that is what we want to strive to be. It makes us that much better.

I actually had a higher percentage of hits, by decreasing the time I hold my draw position, from what I use too. You have to build your confidence to the level that you know when your slingshot is where it's supposed to be, in order to hit the target. When we draw and hold for 3, 4 or 5 seconds, we drift back and forth over the correct release point. This makes us tired, and I believe our percentage hit rate is suffering because of that. I wouldn't suggest trying to QP shoot right off the bat, I wouldn't. Build up to it. I believe it's a challenging, skillful technique we should all strive to learn.
I would like to see this Africano shoot. Another who had the knack was the Carolina shlingshot man. I too have experienced too long of a delay and I attemnpt is to keep my time at a one or two second pause but no more. Have also reduced band tention and get more hits. For me if I hold the shot too long the bands seem to be much weaker on release. If I snap the bands quickly at a close target such as a can it will plow through both sides close range but if I hold for three secons only one side of the can will be penetrated. So im thinking the longer you hold the bands back the slower the bullet will travel and more drop. Have not yet tried the droping down method but I will today. If you can find the Africano clip please send.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts