Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
It's a method that I've started the first steps of learning. I mentioned in another thread that lately I been shooting with a two second draw/release. The distance between a two second draw, and quickpoint shooting is a huge distance, and that's about what I've bumped it down to just recently. I'll move down gradually while being sure I'm succeeding at each level. There was a video of on another forum about a fella that lived in a village(?) somewhere in Africa I wanna say. He is an amazing quickpoint shot. Nothing against Cheif at all, Cheif is a great QP shot as well. But I believe as a slingshot shooter, that is what we want to strive to be. It makes us that much better.

I actually had a higher percentage of hits, by decreasing the time I hold my draw position, from what I use too. You have to build your confidence to the level that you know when your slingshot is where it's supposed to be, in order to hit the target. When we draw and hold for 3, 4 or 5 seconds, we drift back and forth over the correct release point. This makes us tired, and I believe our percentage hit rate is suffering because of that. I wouldn't suggest trying to QP shoot right off the bat, I wouldn't. Build up to it. I believe it's a challenging, skillful technique we should all strive to learn.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.