Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
As you probably know, Saunders sells two types of bands, standard latex and the Black Mamba:
http://www.sausa.com...280&category=27

If you notice in that picture, it appears that they have two bands on each side. In actuality, it is one long band that loops through the plastic pouch. There is enough room left over for a second band to be looped through, so I did it! I put a set of Mamba and Standard bands together, and put them on the Saunders Pro. It is somewhat hard to pull back all the way, but not too band. Either way it is Crazy fast!! I wish I had a Chrony right now!

Edit: The cam locks on the Saunders slingshots have to be reversed to do this. If placed in their standard position you cannot get the cams to lock.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Good job, Aaron. I only have the Hawk model (the only legal flatband Saunders product that is legal here), and I think the flatbands are too weak. If they use the same for the wrist rocket pro, then this certainly calls for an enhancement like yours.

BTW, how do you like their plastic pouch? In the beginning, I hated it, it looked and felt so flimsy. But now I think I was wrong, the design keeps growing on me.

·
Banned
913 Posts
As you probably know, Saunders sells two types of bands, standard latex and the Black Mamba:
http://www.sausa.com...280&category=27

If you notice in that picture, it appears that they have two bands on each side. In actuality, it is one long band that loops through the plastic pouch. There is enough room left over for a second band to be looped through, so I did it! I put a set of Mamba and Standard bands together, and put them on the Saunders Pro. It is somewhat hard to pull back all the way, but not too band. Either way it is Crazy fast!! I wish I had a Chrony right now!

Edit: The cam locks on the Saunders slingshots have to be reversed to do this. If placed in their standard position you cannot get the cams to lock.
I wonder if this would enable the practical use of a .49-.50 lead ball?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I wonder if this would enable the practical use of a .49-.50 lead ball?
You bet! It is more than strong enough.
[/quote]
They will be very fast, but I don't think the pouch or bands will last very long. Tex

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.