Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some more of my famous cardboard penetration testing, alllright= took standard corrogated cardboard, 10 layers, tightly taped together to check , on penetration of different types of bands, the ones I had were standard original doubles on A+,and some gold thera band 1 1/4 wide tapered to around 7/8, and a Dankung with standard 20-40 tubes.
OK
I draw 31 inches, that's a purty good draw for the Dankung.
anyway, the penetration for the dankung and the A+ originals was Identical===8 layers with slight dent in the 9th,
on the theraband single tapered penetration was 10 layers,
the pull weight on the single theraband is about 25% less than the others, my scale is not accurate , but it is consistent, the most pull weight was the doubles, next the Dankung was some less, and the single thera band was much less, =but has more penetration, and I can even see the speed difference while shooting, it is even visible that the thera is faster, SOOO, what does this say ????
I dunno=THERA BAND Is faster I guess, was shooting 50 calibre lead muzzleloader lead balls

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Yes thinner flat tapered bands are quite a bit faster. My "Gold Winner" tapered theraband gold bands are quite "snappy"!!!! The "Original" straight cut works fine and may even last longer because they are not as fast. It's always seems to be a toss up, or compromise between speed and longevity.
Some bands seem to be a better compromise than others.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh- Yeah- Forgot to mention, anymore I carry the PS1 in my pocket all the time (very seldom anything else),just like I carry my pocketknife or wallet, and nother pocket assortment of ammo, , course livin in the woods helps too- fine shooters them A+ outfits

Yes thinner flat tapered bands are quite a bit faster. My "Gold Winner" tapered theraband gold bands are quite "snappy"!!!! The "Original" straight cut works fine and may even last longer because they are not as fast. It's always seems to be a toss up, or compromise between speed and longevity.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
[/quote]

Thanks Bugar!!!! I take that as quite a compliment!!!! Keep em' thinned out for me!!!!
(Whatever your shooting at!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.