Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,427 Posts
I use fluted beech wood inserts placed between the fork loops to attach flat bands to 8 mm cold bent stainless steel rod slingshots. 6 mm steel rod is fine for smaller slingshots.

I show the entire process in this video, if ever:

The section on how I make the wood inserts starts at minute 4.52. Fairly straightforward using a drill stand, and above all, it's safe, as there is no way those inserts can come out with the bands.

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
:thumbsup:

Reactions: 31610

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
I use a 1/16 by 1/16 strip of gum rubber, never had a problem with it! On the one one that I shoot yet. there is a piece of red heater hose (like the first) then a piece of Kralon tube over that, then a dowel driven in to lock, then the foam driven on with a little alcohol. There was a dowel driven the first one also.

Reactions: 31610

· Read Only
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I use fluted beech wood inserts placed between the fork loops to attach flat bands to 8 mm cold bent stainless steel rod slingshots. 6 mm steel rod is fine for smaller slingshots.

I show the entire process in this video, if ever:

The section on how I make the wood inserts starts at minute 4.52. Fairly straightforward using a drill stand, and above all, it's safe, as there is no way those inserts can come out with the bands.
very cool vid

· Read Only
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I use a 1/16 by 1/16 strip of gum rubber, never had a problem with it! On the one one that I shoot yet. there is a piece of red heater hose (like the first) then a piece of Kralon tube over that, then a dowel driven in to lock, then the foam driven on with a little alcohol. There was a dowel driven the first one also.
Thanks I watch a couple of your vids this morning and in the one u explained it .Good vids btw

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.