Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've settled and am very happy with my current frames, bands, ammo, hold, grip, release, etc. I figured I'd muddy the waters a bit and try shooting upright. I can't seem to find an anchor, or body/hand alignment that doesn't send shots a couple of zip codes to the left (left hand hold). Just wondering what you upright shooting weirdos are doing that I can't figure out?! :banghead: Thanks!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I shot up right as a kid, don't remember ever sighting on any part of the fork. Just looked at the target and let 'er fly. Somehow the brain figured it all out. On the other hand, I was no where near as accurate as I am with the more modern/aimed style. My Mexican neighbor is good in the vertical position though. Don't think he aims either, just shoots.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I shot up right as a kid, don't remember ever sighting on any part of the fork. Just looked at the target and let 'er fly. Somehow the brain figured it all out. On the other hand, I was no where near as accurate as I am with the more modern/aimed style. My Mexican neighbor is good in the vertical position though. Don't think he aims either, just shoots.
I actually was going to edit my OP to say that I can indeed shoot that style instinctively. Actually with the way I'm built it's slightly canted, but still mostly upright. I think it just comes down to my own body dynamics. Have some neck issues. That plus my build and range of motion are what I believe has me stumped for a solid upright anchor point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.