Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it "normal" for the band to come off if not perfectly positioned during the draw and to come off one or both arms after release?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tubes are probably too small.
As for frame, I'm not sure.
Something imported from China.
The slits for installing the tubes are centered in the bottom of the hole in each arm.

I'll just try another slingshot.
This thing was sub $4 shipped, off Amazon.
I wasn't expecting much, and was not dissapointed in that regard.

I left the first honest review for it. I suspect the previous 35 "reviews" were from employees of the manufacturer and/or seller's employees.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yah sounds like the tubes might be too small like you mentioned. I'm not sure what sling you are using but since most looped tube slings don't require ties you do have to draw back a certain way to keep the tubes centered on the top of the forks.

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
If it is just a case of too small tubes you could shrink the gap by sliding big tubes over the frame tips and sliding them into the gaps after the looped tubeset is in place. Does this make sense?

Reactions: Tag and KawKan

·
Neophyte
2,119 Posts
That looks suspiciously like a model I had trouble with a while ago. If it is the same model you should be able to pull the forks apart with your bare hands. The one I had literally snapped in my hands. I hope it is not but best to check because if it is it could come at you under tension and hurt you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That looks suspiciously like a model I had trouble with a while ago. If it is the same model you should be able to pull the forks apart with your bare hands. The one I had literally snapped in my hands. I hope it is not but best to check because if it is it could come at you under tension and hurt you.
It is going to stay in the closet. It was under $4 shipped off Amazon. New bands cost more than the slingshot did.

I already ordered a flat band slingshot to replace it.
If I don't care for flat bands (never used one before) I'll just get a Marksman or Daisy, or something along those lines, and shorten the tubes to compensate for my short draw length.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Hope this works.
I think bands are around 3/16 diameter.
Thank you for sharing a picture. It looks like the bands are really thick and the frame slots are thin, so if the frame was built well, there shouldn't be any slippage. Which means in my opinion, the frame is super weak. I think what's happening is when you stretch the bands, anchor, and release, your frame is bending at the forks causing the slots to open up. That's why there is slippage. Thankfully, it hasn't broken on you yet. I think you should just toss it or use it as your target. Save yourself or someone else from severe pain and/or blindness.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@covert5
Bands are thin. Barely needs stretched to install them.
Like I said, this thing won't be used. New bands (allegedly good ones) cost more than it did with those cheap arse bands.

The arms are stiff enough I cannot bend or spread 'em by hand.

If I ever do decide to use this thing as a target, it will be when shooting my .54 caliber Thompson Center Hawken rifle.

Shooting it with a slingshot or (Cold Steel big bore) blowgun probably won't hurt it.

Thanks for the link. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Happily, while the first to break in tbe video has the handle wrapped the same as mine, there are some differences in the arms.
The one I have might be an "upgraded" model(?), either way, I still won't be shooting it ... unless its a target ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts