Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this antler in my basement and was wondering if I should cut the top peices and bottom off so it fits my hand better, or leave it, or just don't evan try it?
Thanks for helping,
Josh.
Human body Road surface Gesture Thigh Floor Hand Wood Gesture Terrestrial plant Finger Hand Gesture Flower Finger Asphalt Pruning shears Tool Scaled reptile Banana family Thumb Leaf Plant Tree Gesture Banana Natural material Animal product Horn Terrestrial plant Terrestrial animal

Attachments

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
By the looks of it, yes i definetly would trim it, I have never used antler but it seems to have real potential. Good luck mate

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would trim to fit. Also, you could take some of the radius out of the curve. If I recall correctly you put the antler in hot(but not boiling) water for something like 24 hr, then you can straighten it. There was an article on making horn and antler bows. I think you boil horn to shape it, and just heat and moisture for antler. You can probably find details in a web search.

·
Super Moderator
4,094 Posts
Looks pretty good to me. It has a nice shape right now. If i did it, I might go even shorter on the fork tips.You can always cun more off. Cut and test and cut more if needed. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts