Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
6,287 Posts
Love em.

I've been experimenting with just about every rubber type out there and these are by far my favourite.

Band sets are super easy to make, plenty of attachment methods and last for ages.

I have about 600-700 shots on my first set of bands and they are still going strong.

Also the price, $7 for 10m of the stuff from Dankung is hard to beat.

Sure they're not as strong or as fast as some of the Thera-Gold bands I have made but they make up for this in ease of use lasting ability.

I also use small pieces of tube to attach to the pouch, spread it open with a hemostat and slip it over the fold. Done. I have also used this method to attach flat bands to the pouch and it seems to work just as well.

I have only used the natural coloured tubing so far and was wondering if anyone else may know if there is a difference between the natural and black tubing in terms of strength?

Attachments

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I understand it the light colored ones deteriorate more quickly becaue of exposure to light. So the black might be superior.

I will get me some.

Thanks

·
Registered
403 Posts
Does any one have an oppinion on 1845 tubes?
are you talking about the Chinese tubing?
A Hongkong friend once told me, no such tubing as 1845 size.

Those so called 1845 tubing are inferior products of 1842 tubing or 1745 tubing.

The vendors are not able to sell them as the normal products ...then that's how the 1845 came out...

For reference only.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Those so called 1845 tubing are inferior products of 1842 tubing or 1745 tubing.

The vendors are not able to sell them as the normal products ...then that's how the 1845 came out...

For reference only.
[/quote]

I ngot a roll of 1845 today and I order from trulytexas.com they sell dankung only I think I saw Joregs designer slingshot on the site. the 1845 seems to be fine but thanks for the warning about the tubing.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Correction! they are 1842 not 1845

For reference only.
[/quote]

I ngot a roll of 1845 today and I order from trulytexas.com they sell dankung only I think I saw Joregs designer slingshot on the site. the 1845 seems to be fine but thanks for the warning about the tubing.
[/quote]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.