Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Yes to a point. A gun is made for a particular calibre whether it's a compact, med size or full size. No matter what calibre your stuck with that calibre. A sling is not. Big or small they'll shoot pretty much the same ammo. Do some of us use tiny frames like the one on the right for .177and other small ammo, yes. But with all three below I've also shot up to 1/2 clay, marbles and steel out of all three. I've also shot .177 out of all three.The little guy on the right is 3 7/8ths tall with 1/2 inch fork tips. Do I make it a habit to shoot 1/2 inch out of the little one, no. But I can and do. The OPFS and Jellybean are 4 1/4.

I actually love small frames. Some people don't and rather have larger frames. And for the most part we shoot the exact same size of ammo.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Very good points you make. I admire the selection and see the versatility you describe.
As for me I envision crafting a series of slingshot frames. Just for the joy of design and creation. Each frame staying banded up with what I learn is the ideal set for the given ammo that frame is dedicated to, with overall size reflecting the size of the ammo. Guess idea is rather boring in concept to some.
Hey. It's something to shoot for.
Thank you for your time in replying.
Don
Shoot what you love, brother

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts