Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this IS NOT the norm. This was a once in a lifetime situation that I wouldn't purposely repeat. When I came home tonight, a rabbit jumped out in front of me. It was raining, and the rabbit didn't move. I put my Jeep in park and got out. It still didn't move. I grabbed the only slingshot I had on me, a prototype ttf design of mine, banded with some .45 latex for shooting clay. I had a pocket full of clay ammo. I crept up to 8 or 10 yards away (most likely 8, I was close) from the rabbit, and shot it right behind the eye. It jumped 4 or 5 feet in the air and didn't move again. I knew the distance, knew the game, and knew my own limitations or I would never have attempted to take this shot. Rabbits in my neck of the woods are extremely easy to kill. The slightest tap on top of the head and they're done for.
My reason for posting this is to show that hunting with a slingshot is all about accuracy. I aimed for the eye and hit the rabbit 3 or 4mm behind it. You can see the indention behind the eye in the picture. Aim small, miss small guys.

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

Master of Swine Fu
Okay, this IS NOT the norm. This was a once in a lifetime situation that I wouldn't purposely repeat. When I came home tonight, a rabbit jumped out in front of me. It was raining, and the rabbit didn't move. I put my Jeep in park and got out. It still didn't move. I grabbed the only slingshot I had on me, a prototype ttf design of mine, banded with some .45 latex for shooting clay. I had a pocket full of clay ammo. I crept up to 8 or 10 yards away (most likely 8, I was close) from the rabbit, and shot it right behind the eye. It jumped 4 or 5 feet in the air and didn't move again. I knew the distance, knew the game, and knew my own limitations or I would never have attempted to take this shot. Rabbits in my neck of the woods are extremely easy to kill. The slightest tap on top of the head and they're done for.
My reason for posting this is to show that hunting with a slingshot is all about accuracy. I aimed for the eye and hit the rabbit 3 or 4mm behind it. You can see the indention behind the eye in the picture. Aim small, miss small guys.

dang good shooting brother figer. now time for some bbqed bunny.

Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
Somebunny wuzza dumbbunny and gotz itself kilt!

THWACK!

Reactions: SLING-N-SHOT

Registered
Just ask

Nice shot behind the eye beautiful rabbit I work for a taxidermy shop CNT if you're one of Mount anything drop a comment

1 - 12 of 12 Posts