Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got a Raptor OTT from ProShot some weeks back, and I was hooked.Then I decided to have a custom with a smaller fork width and adapted the Chinese "accurate fork tips" (directly translated) into the British model. I chose G10 for this project.

The final product is nothing but a sleek Raptor that fits even better in my hand and has a much clearer aiming reference-the famous "accurate fork tips" is known to create clearer band alignment.

Last but not least, big shout out to R.C.C., the original creator of the Raptor series. It's been a pleasure to modify the famous model.

Wood Input device Cable Wire Flooring
Wood Composite material Hardwood Plywood Bicycle part
Tool Gesture Bicycle part Finger Thumb
Computer keyboard Gesture Communication Device Thumb Finger
Tool Office supplies Wire Cable Electrical supply
Art Wood Font Magenta Carmine
Computer keyboard Gesture Finger Eyelash Input device
Bicycle part Tool Font Fashion accessory Carmine

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow!!! That's a beauty! I love sloped tips like that. Very very nice...
Urban you should definitely try adapting this forktip into your future frames. In fact, I was also planning to adapt it into your Simplicity model, I've got a strong feel your model will blend well with it.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wow!!! That's a beauty! I love sloped tips like that. Very very nice...
Urban you should definitely try adapting this forktip into your future frames. In fact, I was also planning to adapt it into your Simplicity model, I've got a strong feel your model will blend well with it.
Oh yeah, I would do that! I usually put sloped tips on my builds. The Simplicity prototype was exempted because it was slimline but I would have used sloped tips for sure if it weren't. I think sloped tips puts less contact friction on the bands and allows for a little bit of forward cant or straighter wrist shooting if desired.

I really like what you did with the mod. You were pragmatic and exercised restraint to use a tip size that imho is just nice. The original raptor has rather wide tips, more than I would ever need on a frame like that. Of course, some would say that allows for adjustment of shooting widths and I guess some guys would like that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
A bit of thread revival here! WHADAFORK, could you please explain what you mean by:- "adapted the Chinese "accurate fork tips"

I am certainly thinking to try and make one of these!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts