Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a few BB pouches made up by our own Rayshot. At last years tournament,Ray Priest had sent along some magnetic pouches with all the other goodies he always sends. Rayshot got a few and really took to them. They are wonderful for shooting little BB's. I never really tried them but between Torstens high speeds with small ammo and Ray's own comments on the fun he was having with the BB's I figured let's try them. I rigged up a frame with a single thin tube and magnetic pouch (thanks Rayshot). I have a few small bags of some 3/16" steel balls,so tomorrow we'll let them fly. Something different-should be fun! Flatband

Reactions: Beanflip

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
That's a sweet fork to be using for a BB shooter, makes mine looks like a poor third cousin from the other side of the tracks

Have fun shooting FB, I don't know what it is but I really enjoy shooting small ammo...

·
Super Moderator
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Harp, yeah, Ray said the same thing. He loves shooting the little stuff. Another very nice thing is that you get a break from the harder pulling stuff. This single tube can be pulled with a pinky and it still goes good! I'll let you know how I do. Flatband

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I use .177 daisy BB's, that was all Wally World had. also shot some .20 cal. lead pellets frpm my Sheridan air rifle, packs more of a punch but too expensive.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I love shooting the .177 BBs too.

In Walmart I am getting 6000 for less than 10 US dollars. I started shooting the bbs because sometimes I wanted something cheap enough that I wouldn't go broke not catching the ammo. I can easily shoot 100-200 BBs if target shooting.

I have various targets that aren't visible to the neighbors, at different distances and to set up catchboxes for all is a hassel and it can be unsightly from the neighbors view. So BBs were the answer.

Just had a bunch of friends over last weekend and some slingshots set up for BBs. The teenagers loved it even the girls. A few adults took to shooting some. Good fun.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I recently got a few BB pouches made up by our own Rayshot. At last years tournament,Ray Priest had sent along some magnetic pouches with all the other goodies he always sends. Rayshot got a few and really took to them. They are wonderful for shooting little BB's. I never really tried them but between Torstens high speeds with small ammo and Ray's own comments on the fun he was having with the BB's I figured let's try them. I rigged up a frame with a single thin tube and magnetic pouch (thanks Rayshot). I have a few small bags of some 3/16" steel balls,so tomorrow we'll let them fly. Something different-should be fun! Flatband

Thanks Gary for mentioning these pouches.

I am making many of these and still giving them trial tests to be sure they are consistent enough to sell. It appears they are. These are the ones that will be paired with the slingshots in the post "Preview for slingshots to go on sale here is the link My link. I gave a couple to Perry (A+ slingshots) and Dan (ZDP189) to give me feedback. Not a vendor yet. Soon though.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
BB's are awesome! I put some small 1745 tubes with a tiny pouch on the Saunders Hawk and it shoots awesome. I did however have a few shots come back at me ... my pouch may be too small. I have a fat lip. No ones fult but my own.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
BB's are awesome! I put some small 1745 tubes with a tiny pouch on the Saunders Hawk and it shoots awesome. I did however have a few shots come back at me ... my pouch may be too small. I have a fat lip. No ones fult but my own.
I haven't had one come back on me with my pouches and tubes, sorry about the fat lip. Bummer!! I have shot 10,000+. I know cause I have exhausted a 6000 and 4000 container plus, a couple to three hundred I collect in one gathering with a very strong magnet, and have gathered 3 times.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
I haven't had one come back on me with my pouches and tubes, sorry about the fat lip. Bummer!! I have shot 10,000+. I know cause I have exhausted a 6000 and 4000 container plus a couple to three I collect with a heavy magnet at one gathering and have gathered 3 times.
[/quote]

It was a design flaw on my part. I made my pouch too small.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I like the quarter inch steel cuz I can feel it in the pouch when I squezze it. I also like to shoot the occasional garbonzo bean. Yeehaa!
Yes I too like the 1/4 steel and these pouches are perfect for the 1/4 too. 3/8 work but I like a little more zip when using 3/8. If I was to shoot 3/8 with my magnetized pouch I would make the pouch bigger.

The whole design and purpose of these pouches is to make shooting BBS easier and fun. The 3/8 is pretty easy to load and center without a magnet but helps there too.

The magnet makes it pleasurably easy to put the bb in the pouch (auto centering), especially with big fingers. I have found without the magnet my fingers can get a somewhat sticky/tacky feel after shooting a while (especially the warmer or humid it is outside)and loading is more of an effort so the magnet eliminates that issue too.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
It's a great idea Rayshot, I know loading is the hardest part of shooting BB's for me, I end up with more on the ground than in the pouch....Actually Flatband sent me a very small double pocket pouch that works great as long as my hand is steady but a magnet would sure be handy when it's not.

·
Slingshots Canada
708 Posts
This is a very good idea, I forget which company makes them but when I went to get a production slingshot from Canadian tire and it came with a magnet pouch, Worked well with 1/4 and 3/8 steel but came apart easily and ended up flinging the magnet away

These pouches look much more solid.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
BB shooters are a blast!!!! I like Ray's pouch. They are well made and work great!! I am partial to flatbands myself, so I took the extra unfinished pouch Ray provided me and made up a set with my BB Shooter tapered bands, and fitted them on my little "Derringer". It performed well and I think it would be of particular interest to, and help for, those who love to shoot BB's but have a problem "fiddlin'" with their minuscule size.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
BB shooters are a blast!!!! I like Ray's pouch. They are well made and work great!! I am partial to flatbands myself, so I took the extra unfinished pouch Ray provided me and made up a set with my BB Shooter tapered bands, and fitted them on my little "Derringer". It performed well and I think it would be of particular interest to, and help for, those who love to shoot BB's but have a problem "fiddlin'" with their minuscule size.

Thanks Perry,

I will be paying to be a vendor within the next day or so.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.