Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She is a beauty now. I will call her The Black Pearl aka The Door Knocker!

The swell I added would have been ingenious had I not glued it to the wrong side. It will run okay the RH side, but it feels perfect on the LH side.

I wanted a Door Knocker to keep lashed to my bicycle. Gratefully I was taught as a kid to practice doing things right and left handed. And in the US we ride our bicycles with the flow of traffic, so a RH hold is pointless unless you are backing up the fast lane.

The Gypsy Tabs are critical. It shoots with a whisper and barely a finger tickle on the slaparound now. The c.a.(satan's snot) finish is anemic and can be fixed with a dash of patience and some fine grit wet sanding in the shower.

Shoot Safe!

MojaveMo
7de4354baebb1641b99541760fe3afe8.jpg
f9b80c0efb8059ffeb6bbf898bd3757a.jpg
f583d1f222090e72ea5ace46b8cf44a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
894 Posts
Door knocker? I love your lingo mo! Your one of a kind

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk
I wanted to call it the Door Dimpler but I felt that was a bad example for the younger shooters.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Gotta keep our impressions in mind. Your a trendsetter gotta stay responsible

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Same here. I've been using them out of convenience more than anything, but I've been really pleased with them thus far. That's a gorgeous frame, and I do love how sharp you made those tabs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I believe my next experiment will be Flat bands to Tabs for both TTF & OTF ..... May be a lot easier to bolt a leather tab on to my frames instead of having to file those dreaded grooves and wrapping & tucking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts