Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took actual measurements of the 1/4 " Birch plywood board received from Lowes for $4.58. It actually is 24"x24". (I had originally thought that it was 20"x23" because of the label on it). When cut up into PFS size of 4"x2", one can make SEVENTY-TWO PFS slingshots, at a cost of wood at only SIX CENTS EACH. I've already measured and cut out a dozen 2"x4" pieces, and I expect I might start tracing my pattern on them and shaping them tomorrow. At the rate of only six cents each (plus the cost of rubber and a pouch, big deal) you can be a hero to all your friends and relatives by giving them a personally handmade gift which is fun to use.

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now That Just Makes Good Cents.
...and it was YOUR good sense to bring to us the concept of the PFS, so we thank you very much.

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cannot argue with that!
Happy Sunday to you, buddy.
[/quote]

How well does that tennis ball launcher work?[/quote]

It's called "Hyperdog", I believe Amazon sells them, there's a choice of a 2 ball or 4 ball launcher.

It's cool to use, my Labrador loves chasing the balls launched from it, and when you're at the dog park, you can break up a dogfight from a safe distance.

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is my tennis ball chasing Lab, Sheena. Notice her neckware...

Attachments

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Thwack for calling it plywood, its proper name.

If people keep calling it multi plexl, I think I will ****lng explode!!!!

Its called plywood people, always has, always will be.
I learned that from the Bard: "A slingwood by any other name..."

Glad to have "made your day".

That was easy : )

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd also like to buy some completed PFS models. You could charge 1000% markup
Didn't intend to go into business with this endeavor. However, the smallest 1/4 Birch plywood board (2'x2')yields 72 PFS's if very carefully cut and if there are no knots to avoid. So selling them is something for me to consider. After all, do I have 72 friends to whom I could personally hand a personal, handsome, handmade gift? No. I've got a dozen 2x4 pieces cut, and have marked exactly where I'll drill my 1/4" fork hole.
I need to experiment to see how much finer sawing, Dremeling, sanding and finishing needs to be done, in the most efficient manner. Then I'd need to factor in the cost of the bands and pouches...

So - in answer to your question, my answer is: "we'll see" or "perhaps" or "maybe", take your choice

: )

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does the Lady of the house know just how Cheap you are???
YETH!

But the good news is, and this is absolutely true, she's more "thifty" (a kind euphemism for "cheap") than I!
In fact, she frequents thrift shops and comes home with brand new looking, stylish garments which you'd think she'd just bought at Macy's! She's incredible in that respect. She's not a couponing nut, but she goes through all the advertising junk mail we receive and grabs what's applicable to our needs. I've never asked her to do that, and I couldn't bother to do it myself. And guys don't clip coupons, to my knowledge. Neither do we admit to being lost on the road.

So, yeth (Monday morning speech impediment), she knows I'm cheap, but the "good news" is - she's cheapER!

2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how much for them
SR
If I decide to market them, I'll post to that effect.

In the meantime, I'm making a list of those who are interested.

Enjoy life.

: )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.