Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Loves the Pocketshooter
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of my last sling to finish. Great little frame designed by Bill Hays. Nice to hold, and shoots nice too. Done in red oak and finished with about four coats of linseed oil. Banded up with a light set from Tex. I also knotted up some hemp twine for a rustic looking lanyard. Hope you like it, I think it turned out pretty good. Thanks for looking.

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Very nice Greg. Perfect size, s/b a great shooter.
Philly

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Looks great! I never get tired of seeing so many designs as they come on the forum using oak wood.

·
Loves the Pocketshooter
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Its a good little shooter. I'm planning on picking up a polymer one from Bill sometime in the near future.

This one looks great. Your other ones are well done too. I paged through some of your work on your photo album.
Thanks Ray. Just so you know, that g10 pocket Hathcock in there, I didn't make lol. That was one I had Bill make for me, just haven't got around to posting it yet.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Greg, once again excellent job on the shared design....you have found your niche and unique style in the world of boardcuts, and you have a testimony in Philly that your work is tops.

Each one just looks like it is perfectly formed and finish off a quality control assembly line. I commend you for achieving that superior consistency...

I'm sure it will be a great shooter for you, I too have a Ranger boardcut and it is a great fit to my hand, and very enjoyable to shoot with!

Cheers - John

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Very nice, the colours used seem to complement each other nicely...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.