Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another custom order. I finally are brave enough to cut piece on that amazing pin :D. My first plan was make slingshots with bugs in epoxy, when I order those pins. But looks like, it take time, when im able to craft some. So far you can enjoy these pictures. I used baltic birch burl and cocobolo pieces for frame. I cut burl so, that big gap stay in handle. I think its one my best slingshot so far. This blue sparky epoxy "river" inside the wood gives nice contrast.

Cheers guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
977 Posts
Mr. Sharker you come to us again with yet another stunner! Resin and Wood are a match made in slingshot heaven.

Can you tell me about your finishing process? What products and process? I'd love to get a finish like that on my pieces.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mr. Sharker you come to us again with yet another stunner! Resin and Wood are a match made in slingshot heaven.

Can you tell me about your finishing process? What products and process? I'd love to get a finish like that on my pieces.
Hey, I order this kind CA, https://www.fine-tools.com/klebstoffe.html but Im beginner in this coating process :D, really, I almost screw up this slingshot, piece rubber glove stick on surface. And then I carefully scratch it away with knife. Duhh... I must experiment coating it with spray bottle.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With all my respect Mr. Sharker: what kind of humilliation are you willing to inflict us showing those stunning art-piece slingshots?
I dont plan inflict any kind humilliation. You guys teach me, first when I join this community Im nearly able to craft simple natural fork bit more comfort to hold. So I must thank you all.

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
"Sharker's Fine Furniture Company"! His work is like a piece of classic ,beautiful furniture-great work as always Bud!

·
Mojave Mo
4,818 Posts
Another custom order. I finally are brave enough to cut piece on that amazing pin :D. My first plan was make slingshots with bugs in epoxy, when I order those pins. But looks like, it take time, when im able to craft some. So far you can enjoy these pictures. I used baltic birch burl and cocobolo pieces for frame. I cut burl so, that big gap stay in handle. I think its one my best slingshot so far. This blue sparky epoxy "river" inside the wood gives nice contrast.

Cheers guys!
Wow Sharker. Any chance you have enough space at your place where we can all come and camp out and you can learn us some slingcraft?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
With all my respect Mr. Sharker: what kind of humilliation are you willing to inflict us showing those stunning art-piece slingshots?
I dont plan inflict any kind humilliation. You guys teach me, first when I join this community Im nearly able to craft simple natural fork bit more comfort to hold. So I must thank you all.
Sharker u nailed it right there me to lots of help from the forum people but I still feel light years behind u nice frame !!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys, Im very happy for those good words :)

Reactions: Tag
1 - 18 of 18 Posts