Slingshots Forum banner

Red V

1K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  Tag 
#1 ·
Another custom order. I finally are brave enough to cut piece on that amazing pin :D. My first plan was make slingshots with bugs in epoxy, when I order those pins. But looks like, it take time, when im able to craft some. So far you can enjoy these pictures. I used baltic birch burl and cocobolo pieces for frame. I cut burl so, that big gap stay in handle. I think its one my best slingshot so far. This blue sparky epoxy "river" inside the wood gives nice contrast.

Cheers guys!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Mr. Sharker you come to us again with yet another stunner! Resin and Wood are a match made in slingshot heaven.

Can you tell me about your finishing process? What products and process? I'd love to get a finish like that on my pieces.
Hey, I order this kind CA, https://www.fine-tools.com/klebstoffe.html but Im beginner in this coating process :D, really, I almost screw up this slingshot, piece rubber glove stick on surface. And then I carefully scratch it away with knife. Duhh... I must experiment coating it with spray bottle.

#6 ·
With all my respect Mr. Sharker: what kind of humilliation are you willing to inflict us showing those stunning art-piece slingshots?
I dont plan inflict any kind humilliation. You guys teach me, first when I join this community Im nearly able to craft simple natural fork bit more comfort to hold. So I must thank you all.

#13 ·
With all my respect Mr. Sharker: what kind of humilliation are you willing to inflict us showing those stunning art-piece slingshots?
I dont plan inflict any kind humilliation. You guys teach me, first when I join this community Im nearly able to craft simple natural fork bit more comfort to hold. So I must thank you all.
Sharker u nailed it right there me to lots of help from the forum people but I still feel light years behind u nice frame !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.