Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a relationship between the two? Obviously it wouldn't affect left to right accuracy, but what about elevation? Does it really matter as long as your hold elevation is consistent? Or is shooting flatter more consistent?

I can see how shooting flatter would give you a more consistent hold point at different ranges, but if I shoot at a consistent range, wouldn't it be irrelevant?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shoot .5" marbles - Daisy ammo, which are slightly lighter than 3/8 steel. I like them because I get a cleaner release with the larger size, and they're dirt cheap at my Wal Mart. I use light bands and don't shorten them, so I'm not getting much velocity, though I haven't measured.

I'm accurate, but like you, I definitely miss more in elevation than I do left to right. That could also be that I'm looking down the band to aim, so there's less margin for error. I've also noticed that my elevation hold point changes depending on temp, number of shots, etc... A flatter trajectory might help that, but I also like the benefits of light bands that last a long time.

Do you notice that your elevation hold point changes with faster bands?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.