Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
These handles will replace the plastic handles on the Trumark S9 , S9-FO, And quickpoint.
They will slip right in place nicely. The ones on the left, and right, are going to Austrailia today

Tom

·
Registered
855 Posts
Awesome! You've successfully addressed the only negative of the S9 models: the rather flimsy two-piece plastic grip. Very cool!

·
Registered
855 Posts
WooHoo! Got mine today. Shown below with factory grip pieces and Tex-Shooter foam grip. THe original plastic had started to deform slightly around the edges and creaked a lot. It just didn't feel real solid, though the foam helps hold it together. No way I'll part with the foam grip, so, unfortunately, this new beautiful wood will be hidden underneath it, but at least it'll give me a nice solid grip. Thanks, Tom!

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
This design is such a good, functional upgrade to an excellent product! (I've got one of these babies "under construction" too...)

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WooHoo! Got mine today. Shown below with factory grip pieces and Tex-Shooter foam grip. THe original plastic had started to deform slightly around the edges and creaked a lot. It just didn't feel real solid, though the foam helps hold it together. No way I'll part with the foam grip, so, unfortunately, this new beautiful wood will be hidden underneath it, but at least it'll give me a nice solid grip. Thanks, Tom!
Maybe I should just put shrink tubing around the wood.
Then, I wouldnt have to take the time to make them fancy and unique.
Just a thought

·
Registered
855 Posts
Nah, I'm probably the only person who'll ever buy one of these from you and then cover it up. Believe me, I hate to do it, but I've had the foam grip on it from the beginning (bought it that way from Tex) and it doesn't feel "right" to me without it. And, if I want to show off the wood, the grip slides off pretty easily.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah,
either way, I think the wood handle is much better than the plastic one.
They work good on the S-9 and the S-9 FO
I have also made them for other wire frame models.
Tom

·
Registered
484 Posts
from all factory built slingshots, this is my favorit one. excelent grip, excelent ergonomy. the original bandset sucked in any way, to hard to pull and very less speed. my flatband atatchment works realy good but with a frame designt for flatbandbands, i would feel much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts