Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been looking to get rid of my old upright deep freezer for quite some time but decided to put it in the back of my basement by my butchering equipment. It’s serving as an awesome ammo catch, I can get a 12 yard shot straight Through the basement and a 15 yard shot from the old coal cellar. Dorothy is missing a spoon from her silverware drawer but let’s just keep that here, I found some adult appropriate snap and pops that are the size of a firecracker, they’re fun to hit, color changing targets and small leather pieces round the four tier shooting box.rain days wont be near as boring

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
Cool and great idea, and no, we want tell Dorothy as what happens on the Forum, stays on the Forum....kinda like Vegas, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, what we say is ... What happens in Vegas, happens over and over and over again. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
Congratulations on a Macgyver level repurpose.

For some reason a vendor was set up in Dec. selling fireworks in my little cirt. I replenished my popper supply.

Very fun.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
The thrift stores are a great place for slingshot things. Individual spoons are usually around 25 cents. Steel pot lids are often a dollar and they make great gongs for longer distances. Cutting boards can sometimes be found... also cheap t-shirts and bed sheets for backstops. Ask the store staff for "ragout" t-shirts or sheets and you can sometimes get them very cheap. I have even seen new exercise flatband still in the box. About a year ago I found a new figure 8 descender sitting on a shelf for either 49 or 99 cents. Got it! My best find ever was a shadow-box table that I found in a Teen Challenge SuperThrift. As a bonus, it feels good to support their various community program with store purchases.

Teen Challenge SuperThrift

Salvation Army Thrift Store

Goodwill

Value Village

MCC Thrift Shop

America's Thrift Store

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found a small tear in one of my bands near the pouch. Dang, that didn’t last long, little over 350 shots. More bands on the way from simple shot. Until then it’s upstairs to the man cave (The green room) to jam some tunes on the Harmonica.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do most of you guys and gals order your bands or bandsets or buy the material and cut them yourselves? Wishing I would have ordered some extras w/ the slingshot.This sport can be addictave when your stuck at home from work due to weather. Guess I’ll be jammin in the green room again today. Anybody else out there with a broken slingshot but a working guitar can come on over and we will play the blues. I need to tell Dorothy that I should always have a second slingshot On hand

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,155 Posts
I'll be repurposing this damaged electrical panel we built at work, that didn't make it to the customer intact, into a catch can for steel ammo.
It had some holes in the sides which were cutouts for fans / filters, but I can patch those up easily enough.
816499c2df32b4c22f66095f632fec60.jpg
e19dc04bc40f0656d18a93d5fe7002c5.jpg

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,155 Posts
I'll be repurposing this damaged electrical panel we built at work, that didn't make it to the customer intact, into a catch can for steel ammo.
It had some holes in the sides which were cutouts for fans / filters, but I can patch those up easily enough.
816499c2df32b4c22f66095f632fec60.jpg
e19dc04bc40f0656d18a93d5fe7002c5.jpg

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,155 Posts
Nice. It's gotta door! Hmmmm....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
LOL, no MO, it ain't big enough for an outhouse at your new homestead

I am going to try and pound out the damage so the door will close again as it's got a lock on it.
If successful, I'll just make my cutout accordingly so it's still lockable and portable.....it's only about 50-60lbs or so.....should do just fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.