Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Hope you're all staying safe and healthy during all this craziness. I made a mold of my Drewshot design a few weeks ago and here is the first sling I cast in it. I mixed up some opaque white and some pearlescent purple in the mold and here is how it turned out. I did have some flaws to sand out, but nothing major. They come out of this mold much cleaner than my other one. I left a satin finish on this one as I liked the look and feel of it. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
What did you use to make your mold out of. I would be interested in trying something like this.

Thanks for any help

Never Settle For Common

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice. I like the colors. But since you have a mold, I bet there will be lots of cool color combos in the future. So many possibilities

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,446 Posts
Very nice Drew.......you ought to do a black with toxic green swirls, maybe glow powder mixed with the green....that would look amazing and we'd might have to talk, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,446 Posts
Very nice Drew.......you ought to do a black with toxic green swirls, maybe glow powder mixed with the green....that would look amazing and we'd might have to talk, LOL
Something kinda like this? ;)
Dang you're quick......can they be buffed or shined to high gloss ?
( gonna have to save some pennies...or more likely, quarters )

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I usually have a clear coat sprayed on at work, but im laid off right now dur to this virus mess. Ill get it done when things calm down. ;)

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,446 Posts
I usually have a clear coat sprayed on at work, but im laid off right now dur to this virus mess. Ill get it done when things calm down. ;)
I thought you did.....sorry about the lay-off brother.
I like that one a lot, but think I like the one better that you did that was semi opaque
with small pine cones in it, and full glow powder
bc482f0e17358df7644441abeb0d40b3.jpg

867b11e879f18928ecb7cd5a121b7ec6.jpg

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I thought you did.....sorry about the lay-off brother.
I like that one a lot, but think I like the one better that you did that was semi opaque
with small pine cones in it, and full glow powder
bc482f0e17358df7644441abeb0d40b3.jpg
867b11e879f18928ecb7cd5a121b7ec6.jpg

Shipped that one out earlier this week. Lol. Have plenty of glow powder still.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts