Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! While attending the Southeast Slingshot Tournament, I gathered several balls from some sweet gum trees. I placed several of these in a mold and poured some blue and black resins over them. I used this to make some scales, which I laminated to a black G10 core. I had a few voids to fill, but the end result wasn't all that bad I believe. Got it sanded smooth and finished with an automotive clear coat. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Another beauty Drew !! There's no doubt you'd have voids with those little buggers.

It is special due to where you picked up the Sweet Gum Balls. :thumbsup: When I go to a place that means something to me I try to find some forks and almost all the forks I have are from those places, they aren't debris pile finds.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another beauty Drew !! There's no doubt you'd have voids with those little buggers.

It is special due to where you picked up the Sweet Gum Balls. :thumbsup: When I go to a place that means something to me I try to find some forks and almost all the forks I have are from those places, they aren't debris pile finds.
Voids like crazy...lol. That event was very special for me. An experience I'll treasure always. It was great fun and the community of people just can't be beat.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.