Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent question by stevekt got me thinking about going back to my 'catchbox by the house' setup. However, I am almost done with 1000 rounds of 10mm clay-balls and find them entertaining for walking around and pinging my mark around the hood.
Which isn't responsible. So I am going to copy stevekt's backyard range and let the environment beyond the gate recover for a couple of months. Hopefully my ammo isn't coming from Toxic GodzillaMud, otherwise my setup is sound.
I've got a 10m distance, and a 14.5m distance. If I do a little organizing I might have another 2m to add to my 'longshot'....so like 50ft ish., just like stevekt!

Shoot more Responsibly than me Please!! MM
9d4130cf8856b80b63a00049f01a931d.jpg
96b51f76922de4657dee5fc35bcce408.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Singing along with the voices in my head
442 Posts
Love the outdoor range setups. My neighbors are much too close for me to do that in the backyard, so I'm stuck in the basement. I do like to take 10mm clay ammo with me on walks with my lovely wife after dinner and shoot at large rocks on the path along the way, but occasionally worry about 'perception' from other people.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Love the outdoor range setups. My neighbors are much too close for me to do that in the backyard, so I'm stuck in the basement. I do like to take 10mm clay ammo with me on walks with my lovely wife after dinner and shoot at large rocks on the path along the way, but occasionally worry about 'perception' from other people.
I shoot at local parks or lots sometimes, and have gotten different reactions from people. The only negative reaction I had was when I was shooting steel at a cardboard catchbox behind some buildings with a Barnett wristrocket. The shape of the slingshot was a little aggressive, and the steel make a loud "WHOP!" noise with each impact. It startled a woman walking through the parking lot until I smiled and apologized for scaring her.

The best reactions seem to be when I'm using a wooden or natural frame and shooting clay ammo that disentigrates on impact. As long as I'm well away from others and don't linger too long, people seem more interested than alarmed. I may get some smiles or a few questions, but no one seems to view it as something scary or threatening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts