Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this at Harbor freight and thought this would be a great idea for picking up Loose
1bc721de0e0ba359138b0d4c89ebbcf0.jpg
steel ammo that misses the catch box, especially since I'm new so my accuracy won't be very good at first. Has anyone tried this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Neophyte
2,122 Posts
I use one of the telescoping magnet tools like mechanics use but have considered buying one like you have. The one I use is fine as long as you can see the ammo the one you have you can just sweep the area I would imagine. :)

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,444 Posts
These big magnets are great for "fishing" retrievals.
You can find all sorts of stuff like knives, guns, and is a good way to clean up the waterways a bit from the folks that don't "leave it as they found it "

Just make sure you have a good, strong rope tied to them so you get the magnet back

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These big magnets are great for "fishing" retrievals.
You can find all sorts of stuff like knives, guns, and is a good way to clean up the waterways a bit from the folks that don't "leave it as they found it "

Just make sure you have a good, strong rope tied to them so you get the magnet back

I plan to tie some 550 paracord to it ... heavy enough that it should be able to pick up just about anything this magnet can possible
Carry since I bought the smaller magnet at 150lbs pull ... might get the 250lbs pull down the road but figured this should be fine for picking up loose ammo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts