Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES! I finally made it! I don't believe this has ever happened before, as this RTS was from way FAR! I shot a drainage pipe at about 22-25m, I missed and hit the wall, and......sure enough the 3/8 steel ball came back all the way, rebounded on the asphalt, managed to get through my FENCE, and hit me in the leg... Of course it had no power left in it, but still....
Oh, I should record on video every practice session from now on ????
Guys..... seriously, wear eye protection! 25m is considered above safe, and just look what happened.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Luckily I have had RTS's only with BB's - still stung like...

RTS is when the ball gets 'stuck' in the pouch on release and instead of going away from you - comes right back in your direction...
I took the term rts- return to sender-, in the literal sense :) the little ball of steel did come back to me lovingly ????

·
Registered
772 Posts
This is a RTS Haha

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Loooool, I was aware of that video, watched it countless times I am surprised she is still alive.
Dude, you actually feel the poor girls pain.... man something makes us watch it over and over though haha

·
Registered
772 Posts
Luckily I have had RTS's only with BB's - still stung like...

RTS is when the ball gets 'stuck' in the pouch on release and instead of going away from you - comes right back in your direction...
I took the term rts- return to sender-, in the literal sense :) the little ball of steel did come back to me lovingly
Hahahaha come back to you lovingly Haha I had a ricochet once and the 9.5 steel lovingly came back and gave me a lovely kiss on my top lip, I always think if I had been smiling it would have more than likely smashed a tooth or 2

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
I have never had a RTS...but I get ricochets all the way back to me at 10m often. Because I built a trampoline target...sure, it's dangerous (minimally),but it makes me extend my draw for power
If I hit true & hard the bearing cuts through my can and stays in the target. I always wear protection.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
This is a RTS Haha

Loooool, I was aware of that video, watched it countless times I am surprised she is still alive.
Dude, you actually feel the poor girls pain.... man something makes us watch it over and over though haha

Schadenfreude! Taking pleasure from watching someone else's misfortune... oh well... it's human.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Exactly Cjw! Don't miss and you've got nothing to worry about!

That poor woman's face... definitely a concussion. I still laughed though! And the sister's response. "They don't call it the amazing race for nothing." :D

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a great Thread here on The Forum called 'Clay Ammo Madness'. It is a good discussion started by a member seeking the right ammo to avoid RTS shots or 'MTY' shots like we called them out here in the West. (MamaToldaYa).
Shoot Safe and Prosper!
Moses

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hmmmm, never saw that thread ????

·
Registered
45 Posts
Back when I first started, I missed my catch box by a country mile. Managed to avoid the 5 foot wooden fence panel, and hit the 6 inch concrete fence post.
BOING!
Thankfully it went up, over me, missed the windows and landed on the roof :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts