·
Registered
176 Posts
Also @MR Skarrd please.
Any chance of a photo how to use finger framless
system?
And specs as also asked.
Already drew blood learning Full Butterfly, framless
looks way more dangerous to learn due to fork hits, that is.
thx
ukj

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
dimensions vary according to your finger size but the basics are soft plyable leather,i inch wide x 4 1/2 inches long,bottom holes are 2 1/4 inches then 1/2 inch up for second and third holes,centered at 3/4 inches,the flap over the top finger should just cover the the inside portion-about 1 to 1 1/4 inches past the last set of holes.i shoot upright from a cheek anchor,just under my eye.very slight tweak on the twist,fairly accurate,not real powerful. Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
dimensions vary according to your finger size but the basics are soft plyable leather,i inch wide x 4 1/2 inches long,bottom holes are 2 1/4 inches then 1/2 inch up for second and third holes,centered at 3/4 inches,the flap over the top finger should just cover the the inside portion-about 1 to 1 1/4 inches past the last set of holes.i shoot upright from a cheek anchor,just under my eye.very slight tweak on the twist,fairly accurate,not real powerful. Hope this helps
Wow! That looks like an over the finger PFS minus the F! And it looks cool enough that I may have to have a go at it. At least for a try. Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
So...a few bits of strangeness occurred while I was practicing yesterday.

I was shooting BB's, using a 1632 frameless rig, and I missed...somehow the BB landed softly on top of my head. It wasn't a ricochet. Has anybody else had this happen?

Then, on the next shot, I DID have a ricochet which hit me, gently, in my gentleman's region. Why did nobody warn me that this was a possibility? The last thing a man my age wants to do is explain, to an ER nurse, how I shot myself in the plums with a slingshot.

Then...IT FREAKING SNOWED...in Cincinnati...in APRIL.

Also, I had my very first broken band. Is there a Merit Badge for that?
So... I figured out the "missing BB". I have a fairly strong pinch grip and squeezed the BB through the hole in the pouch without realizing it. How it ended up on top of my head is...well...perhaps Fred and Velma can explain it. I can't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been playing a game with myself (don't read anything into that) when I practice. If I miss twice, I take a step forward...If I hit three times I take a step backward. My thinking is that it keeps challenging me and forces me to get comfortable at different distances. I start at 10 yards...don't give me any grief about that, please...I'm new at this and my eyes are old. Well...yesterday, I found myself further away than ever and I measured it at twenty yards. Now, I know that, for many of you, this is probably considered an easy distance, but I'm actually a little proud of it.

I'm making my own 1632 shooters with 550 cord and they are, if not pretty, at least less ugly than they were.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I've been playing a game with myself (don't read anything into that) when I practice. If I miss twice, I take a step forward...If I hit three times I take a step backward. My thinking is that it keeps challenging me and forces me to get comfortable at different distances. I start at 10 yards...don't give me any grief about that, please...I'm new at this and my eyes are old. Well...yesterday, I found myself further away than ever and I measured it at twenty yards. Now, I know that, for many of you, this is probably considered an easy distance, but I'm actually a little proud of it.

I'm making my own 1632 shooters with 550 cord and they are, if not pretty, at least less ugly than they were.
That sounds like great shooting, playing that game I don't think I would find myself at 20 yards very often if ever!

·
Registered
9 Posts

That sounds like great shooting, playing that game I don't think I would find myself at 20 yards very often if ever!
Well...let me Paul Harvey my story...I wasn't there for very long. I missed so many times in a row after that, I almost ended up with the target behind me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh, shoot...almost forgot. I found a five-pound bag of dried chick peas in the dark recesses of my pantry. I've been using them for casual target practice. Occasionally, you get one that is oddly-shaped and arcs away to left or right and they don't have enough mass to do more than dent a can, but there are untold thousands of them in the bag.

Has anybody else ever tried them? I wonder what dried corn kernels might be like: they seem more ummm...aerodynamic(?)

EDIT: I just did a Google search and found that slightly over one-million people had this chickpea idea before me. Rats! I was really excited.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts

Great shoot'n! That's a good drill! Keep it up!

Sling-On!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I

Well...let me Paul Harvey my story...I wasn't there for very long. I missed so many times in a row after that, I almost ended up with the target behind me.
I like to play a similar game with both bows and slings to help with judging distance. I decide on a number of paces, say 6, 7, 10, 11, or whatever. Then I shoot from multiples of those. Say starting at 8 paces from the taget with five shots, then 8 more back and 5 more shots, then 8 back again and... then maybe 16 in and... you get the idea. No rewards or penalties for hitting or missing, just a few shots from lots of different distances without any of them being from a well measured 10 or 20 yard mark. I enjoy this one and hope that it will help with judging distance. The hold under / over change isn't as big for me with the slingshot as it is with a bow (lower anchor with the bow) but adjusting for trajectory of the ball is still a very real thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I

I like to play a similar game with both bows and slings to help with judging distance. I decide on a number of paces, say 6, 7, 10, 11, or whatever. Then I shoot from multiples of those. Say starting at 8 paces from the taget with five shots, then 8 more back and 5 more shots, then 8 back again and... then maybe 16 in and... you get the idea. No rewards or penalties for hitting or missing, just a few shots from lots of different distances without any of them being from a well measured 10 or 20 yard mark. I enjoy this one and hope that it will help with judging distance. The hold under / over change isn't as big for me with the slingshot as it is with a bow (lower anchor with the bow) but adjusting for trajectory of the ball is still a very real thing.
So...maybe we both have a similar practice method that helps with varying distances or maybe we're both numerically obsessive-compulsive. Either way, I'm glad it's not just me.

181 - 200 of 216 Posts