Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Ok how many people shoot both handed
I do !!! I am left eye dominant shoot archery, billiards ,cowboy pistols, slings lefty
But right handed I write, more strength basically I am right handed . Combat pistol right hand . Pick and shovel , ax ! ,rifle, all righty!!!!
I find that at a set anchor point , gallery shooting aiming ,left eye closed I'm much stronger have a much better hold on the whole process and take more time to hit. Good thing
But walking around hunting around my property shooting 50% of the time 50% gallery I shoot lefty with both eyes open more instinctive because the distance is always changed and it's more natural feeling to me because I shoot archery left-handed it fits and I am left eye dominant technically I should always shoot lefty
Buttttttt what if your pouch finger or thumb gets hurt " military 5 P's" I don't want to stop shooting until it's healed "sling flu"
I feel in time I can get equally good In the Gallery But will do pfs and hunting and opfs ,lefty
I was just wondering if I'm really weird or just cool Lol !!!!!
No pic's sorry
O wait
Nugget is not following separation protocol will not stay 6 feet away from me but he does have his mask and flex bone so he's set lol smile everybody Great day to be above the dirt

D7B1869F-AB5F-4966-B069-A71D52191E60.jpeg
1F9704BA-453E-4775-93AD-E8040067516D.jpeg
Wife at cattle round up somewhere in Utah I think

74D003E3-B2E1-4EE4-AEBC-66EF63F4D3F7.jpeg

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
I'm not ambidextrous...
Butt do u ever sleep !!!!!! Lol
You're always out there :) me to it's my when sit down and rest "a lot these days" read and learn time
I was taught from a kid to be right handed my whole life until I started shooting archery after I got out of the military but always shot billiards left-handed never knew why I was just more comfortable I did not know I was left eye dominant until started shooting archery now everything sling is left-handed except for target set shooting I do as well or better right handed so I figured there might be a few of us out there not too many the other way because nobody's taught left-handed very much
It's great when you're into cowboy action shooting shooting pistols with both hands is a blast lol no pun intended
I think if I was trying to break the world record of strength strong shooting I would do it right handed if I'm shooting most of the time lefty I shoot pfs a lot that's all lefty should only hurt one hand "sling flu make sure your pouch finger and thumb are safe " lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
Im with you. Im naturally ambidextrous. My parents raised me to be right handed, but I remember eating utencles being taken out of my left hand and moved to my right at the dinner table so I didnt bang elbow with people. Later in life I would eat left handed just to crowd who ever was next to me, then the family just moved me to the end of the table. I broke my right arm when I was six when we were learning how to write, so I learned to write left handed. I was left handed for a coupe of years after that. Until I switched to right handed in high school,because writing and drawing left sucks. I then broke my right arm again! and had to get titanium plates and 18 screws to hold it together. I did this midway through my freshman year off art collage. So I went back to left for the rest of that year at school, at the amazement of the instructors, I still managed to pass my classes.( I earned a double major bachelor degree) Now Im what ever hand is the easiest. I.E. if the pen is closest to my left hand I write left handed.

I can shoot either hand except bows im strictly left hand hold.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya don't get me wrong I m a lefty shooter
Hold sling in right hand and will be best that way for sure
Butt since I do have friends "yes" two and I am trying to infect everybody with the sling flu
It behooves me to have right hand set upS
So others can shoot with me !!!!! So I do shoot them to be able to show them the proper procedure and when showing people you shoot lefty they shoot Right same slingshots your face to face it's really easy to teach lol. 6' away !!!!!!!

·
Neophyte
1,997 Posts
Can't write left never tryed lol. I think at 60nprobably a bad time to start learning that one lol
Actually 60 is the perfect time to learn to write with your other hand, keeps the brain on it's toes and you will never learn any younger lol :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I am generally speaking right handed. But I like to shoot with my left hand better only because I can tilt my head better to the right than to the left. And because if someone else is driving, I can roll down the window and do "drive-bys" from the left window. It would be very awkward to use the right hand then....

Otherwise I can use either hand, no difference in accuracy.

I can write with the left hand but it comes out mirrored (yes really). But because Urdu is written from right to left, that works out great. Right handed for English, lefty for Urdu...

I can't imagine shooting a rifle with my left shoulder. And I can't imagine driving a left-hand drive car while working the gear with the right hand. Just can't. (we drive cars with the steering wheel on the right, working the gears with the left .... It's how Gawd wanted people to drive).

I tried all those tricks trying to see which eye is dominant.... neither is.. or both are. Makes no difference.

This right hand - left hand thing is a very confusing topic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I shoot both right and left handed equally well and practice with both hands. I am ambidextrous and can write with both hands. That being said, if I become accustomed doing something with a particular hand it is extremely awkward using the other hand. I would think driving with the steering wheel on the right hand side would be difficult for me to learn. Try practicing with both hands, that's what I do.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm left eye dominant, hold the fork in my left hand, pouch in right. Yet i hold a bow in my right hand and draw with my left. Never tried swapping around but I think I could without too much hassle. I'm an instinctive shooter with both.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts