Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Amateur
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently finished this small pocket-sized natural fork. Refined the shape and sanded to 800 and then roasted following MW's tutorial. Finished with CA.

20191108_175113.jpg
20191108_175121.jpg
20191108_175501.jpg
20191108_175737.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-230500_Gallery.jpg
20191109_110118.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Not sure what happened but all the pics are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.
I spent some time rotating my pics before posting the other day...they all turned this way regardless of thwir original orientation.

But we still love pics even if we have to cant our heads.

·
Amateur
2,566 Posts
Oh my! That is truly a beauty. No need to hide it.
Take the tape off
Love that roasted look, really brings out the grain, and that was looking gorgeous....until....you covered up that beautiful grain with the camo tape....still looked cool, but gotta let that grain stand on its own imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you guys for taking the time to look and to comment. I truly appreciate it.

I know the camo wrap is ugly. I really wish I didn't need it. My problem is that I have overactive sweat glands in the palms of my hands and it is physically impossible for me to securely grip something this small (frame is 78mm x 108mm) and smooth (CA finish) without some form of grip enhancement. Almost every one of my slingshots needs some form of grip enhancement just so I can safely hold on to them. In most cases, a lanyard alone is not sufficient. In addition, the copious amounts of sweat and oils constantly oozing from my pores practically ruins any piece of wood that I'm working on unless I wear gloves the entire time my hands are in contact with the piece. It is very annoying and very frustrating and I hate it. The last picture in the original post was intended to show that I am actually shooting this frame, and I felt it would have been dishonest to show it in any other condition than the one in which it is actively being used.

·
Amateur
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure what happened but all the pics are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.
I spent some time rotating my pics before posting the other day...they all turned this way regardless of thwir original orientation.

But we still love pics even if we have to cant our heads.
Thanks bud!

·
SLING-N-SHOT
3,680 Posts
Oh my! That is truly a beauty. No need to hide it.
Take the tape off
Love that roasted look, really brings out the grain, and that was looking gorgeous....until....you covered up that beautiful grain with the camo tape....still looked cool, but gotta let that grain stand on its own imho.

Thank you guys for taking the time to look and to comment. I truly appreciate it.

I know the camo wrap is ugly. I really wish I didn't need it. My problem is that I have overactive sweat glands in the palms of my hands and it is physically impossible for me to securely grip something this small (frame is 78mm x 108mm) and smooth (CA finish) without some form of grip enhancement. Almost every one of my slingshots needs some form of grip enhancement just so I can safely hold on to them. In most cases, a lanyard alone is not sufficient. In addition, the copious amounts of sweat and oils constantly oozing from my pores practically ruins any piece of wood that I'm working on unless I wear gloves the entire time my hands are in contact with the piece. It is very annoying and very frustrating and I hate it. The last picture in the original post was intended to show that I am actually shooting this frame, and I felt it would have been dishonest to show it in any other condition than the one in which it is actively being used.
No, camo wrap is not ugly, I was in the military so I love camo, and I totally understand why you did it now that you've explained. I meant no disrespect my friend, honestly, I just am a lover of natural grain is all....so you do you brother, and we'll all support that, promise.......either way, I still loved the sling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts