Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a set of bands from the gzk 0.66 roll, and sure enough, this thing really isnt as stretchy as I am used to. I used a 23cm active for my 115cm draw length, and it really doesn't work, as the bands become very stiff towards the end of the draw, not to mention that I cant reach full draw.
So, what elongation do you all found that works with gzk orange? I am thinking of adding 1.5-2cm of active length, but I am not so sure.

·
Amateur
2,571 Posts
I haven't used that particular band before so I don't know a specific elongation rate to suggest. Most of the chinese elastics i have tried tend to like a 450 - 500% elongation.

In terms of how much to add to your active length, consider how short your bands fell of reaching your full draw length. For example, If you add 2cm of relaxed length and draw at 500%, that should add about 10cm of streched length at full draw. 2cm at 450% elongation would add approximately 9cm to full drawn length, and so on. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well, I get a lot of wild flyers with this elastic, and I strongly suspect that the reason is that I draw the bands well over their limit. I will cut an extra long bandset now and check it out.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
With no experience with the product I would still have to say it sounds like a break in issue. After more use the properties of the latex may change. :twocents:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With no experience with the product I would still have to say it sounds like a break in issue. After more use the properties of the latex may change. :twocents:
I would agree if it wasn't for the huge number of wild flyers ???? I tried a 27cm active, and all went perfect. Then I tried 26cm active, still perfect. Tomorrow I will push it a bit down still, to see where the limit is!

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
To dial in the best length on a new material I sometimes cut them extra long then stretch them a few hundred times.

After I tied to forks I shoot a designated number of shots...if they are too weak I untie at the fork and trim a slight bit...6mm to 12mm at a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts