Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago I built the first rotating head "Turbo". It was quite an effort since it was all by hand from scratch including the rotating head ( the fork part). Which I made from aluminum pipe and rod. I want to be able to make more. So I found an web business that does water jet cutting and had some forks made. The rotation is from bearings that I put into an aluminum sleeve. There are 4 bearings in this.

So here she is. The second one Turbo #2. I call them that because it reminds me of a snail.

It's made from fluorescent pink acrylic, walnut, cherry and copper pins. And the knobs and palm swells are laser cut fluorescent pink acrylic and resin with aqua glow powder. Oh yes. It glows!

Even with the water jet as a head start this was a lot of work! But I'm happy with it.

I got on this rotating head thing thanks to Roger Hernie (Wingshooter) and his awesome designs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Just amazing. The idea & concept are simplicity meets geniustry. But the execution is completely artistic skill & talent.

I just cannot express how impressive this is.
Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
6,537 Posts
That is was cool design! Great job!

·
Mojave Mo
4,820 Posts
I keep coming back to peek at your sling! I think if it was mine I'd never shoot it, but wear it around my neck so everyone would know what a badadze I am....!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just amazing. The idea & concept are simplicity meets geniustry. But the execution is completely artistic skill & talent.
I just cannot express how impressive this is.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the compliment.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I keep coming back to peek at your sling! I think if it was mine I'd never shoot it, but wear it around my neck so everyone would know what a badadze I am....!!!!
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Ha ha! Thanks man. Great idea. I might do that tomorrow!

Reactions: MOJAVE MO

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
Good job Mike. I am glad some one is still using the rotating head idea. I had my RH Starship out the other day blazing away at fence post's felt good to shoot for a few minutes.

Keep up the good work.

Roger

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good job Mike. I am glad some one is still using the rotating head idea. I had my RH Starship out the other day blazing away at fence post's felt good to shoot for a few minutes.

Keep up the good work.

Roger
Thank you Roger. I plan to keep it up! The rotating head was an awesome idea. I shoot my aluminum shuttlecraft all the time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts