Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

a major source for slingshot bands in the 3rd World are old soccer balls that are cut up after use.
I just had to throw away two old Volleyballs, and cut them in halves to find two rubber bladders. The yellow one seems to be uncolored latex, about the thickness of Theraband Gold. The other one is even stronger, and also has a label that says it is also made of pure latex.

The round shape won't allow me to make perfectly straight bands, but the elasticity of these materials seems to be on par with good quality flatbands.

Attachments

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
So Wilson could have been cut up and used to make a slingshot for Tom Hanks when he was cast away.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
So Wilson could have been cut up and used to make a slingshot for Tom Hanks when he was cast away.
What film are you referring to? Tom Hanks is one of my all time favourite actors!

Great idea BTW, I can imagine that sort of knowledge becoming useful in a true survival situation...

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Balls, inner tubes, they all work. You have elastic inner of vulcanised natural rubber that is designed to stretch and conform under a cover for shape and resist abrasion.

It's surprising how good these can be.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.