Slingshots Forum banner

Who do you think is the best slingshot shooter?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Konrad
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rufus Hussey and Richard Onsby “Blue” Skeen, What makes them so special? Who do you think is the best shot and why?
Please share your opinions on why they are venerated by members?
Cast your vote please.
Salutations to this wonderful resource slingshotforum.com!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I went with Rufus, because the others, and I'd place Dgui high up there too, are or were known mainly regionally. Rufus, due to his appearance on the Johnny Carson show, became known nationally. So, he was the national personification of the uncle or grandpa who sat on the porch carving slingshots for the neighborhood kids. As far as the best shot, they all could shoot, but Rufus had great influence on the sport. So did manufacturers like Trumark.

Joe

·
Mojave Mo
4,833 Posts
I voted for ‘other’ or more specifically all of the above ++. I got my first slingshot in 1968 from my GGpa. It wasn’t until 2018 when I stumbled onto the Forum did I realize I wasn’t the only person on Earth still shooting a ‘stupid slingshot’. So for me meeting, seeing, and watching so many shooters and influencers I feel both vindicated and proud to have been connected to my slingshooting. I tried sharing my interest early in my professional career and the blank looks and caveman references drove me deep underground.

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
As a newb , {less than 1.5 yrs} , I only know a little, but Rufus and{ althought Im fairly unfamiliar with" Blue Skeen are like godfathers. From what Ive seen and read. But Gamekeeper & Chris Gaffin showed me how to aim. For Mr Hayes, it would be fun to see a 2 man contest between Bill & GKJ , Im not a sports watcher, but that is a event I would pay to see, both are so great a shooters! and I believe Mr Hays is a fellow Texan, so he gets extra points to me , and like Skaard said, DGUI , is a whole other thing, inventing the OPFS and his unreal shooting. As soon as I saw DGUI I wanted to shoot like him, but I gave in to the impossibility of that being remotely possible :),, as with the above mentioned , but Im trying :) so I guess I cant vote except they all are

·
See The Target
21,436 Posts
I've never met Rufus . Seen his videos like everyone else . I've had the honor of spending a couple of weekend shoots with Blue Skeen . My fondest memory of him was when he watched me shoot . I missed the target . Blue said " Get your elbow up ." I did what he said and continued to hit the target . Blue gave me a slight smile and a nod of approval . Blue had many friends and they all could shoot . Now a days there are so many great shooters . The bar has gone way up . Lot of great shooters we don't even know about because their not linked up with social media ect .

·
Registered
118 Posts
I really don't know who is the best but the Rufus Hussey video of him shooting cans and quarters out of the air with rocks impressed me so I will go with him. That was one of the first slingshot videos I saw and it made me think about doing more shooting. I have already voted so don't count me again. The others are all great shots I'm sure and there are many more who could be on the list. Respect to them all.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
I voted for ‘other’ or more specifically all of the above ++. I got my first slingshot in 1968 from my GGpa. It wasn’t until 2018 when I stumbled onto the Forum did I realize I wasn’t the only person on Earth still shooting a ‘stupid slingshot’. So for me meeting, seeing, and watching so many shooters and influencers I feel both vindicated and proud to have been connected to my slingshooting. I tried sharing my interest early in my professional career and the blank looks and caveman references drove me deep underground.
Well we are glad you dug your way back up (y)(y)(y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts