Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello lads and lasses, need a bit of advice.
In the pic are two of my cattys, evo goblet from catty Shack which I have done a handle for out of buffalo horn, the other I brought the other day while I was down in kent.
Now this milbro by the looks has been sand cast and I'm wanting to put a set of flat bands on it but not sure if the frame is going to stand up to it, what I mean is, sand cast alloy does have tendencies to have hair line cracks where you can't see, and last thing I want is half the catty coming back as a projectile.
Has any body got experience with with these cattys or am I being a bit paranoid, cheers lee ????

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I keep finding these too, usually at like car boot sales or house clearances. In the past five years I've probably seen at least half a dozen of them and although some of them are clearly actual Milbros there are others that look like somebody made one out of a mold they took from a Milbro. The real ones have nice clean lettering and I've never had a problem with them but I did wonder about the ones that looked like they might be fakes or homemade copies.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thanks for the response people, cavedweller, I did get told from the shop that these have brought the milbro brand and they also do air guns, now to me if your selling something to the public then you have to make sure its up to scratch.
I just would have preferred it to be a solid billet of aluminium, but it should be OK, putting apple wood handles on it with buffalo pins, but thanks again everyone, cheers ????????

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks tag, already made two, one rifle sling shot made from oak and catty with brass middle and oak.
Third is on the way alloy core bone and buffalo split with oak on the other side, got to stop making them and start shooting instead lol ????

·
Super Moderator
6,098 Posts
What I figured after a long time withit siting on my desk was a simple paracord attachment.

Short length of paracord (probably around 2") Melted ends work as stopper knots. Pass the cord through looped tube and pass the ends through the frame holes from the shooter's side - and a simple overhand knot works as a stopper against the frame on the target side. Totally toolless and works well :)

Also whats cool - it sort of fits with how many people used t reband those old frames by tying string on them - so its historicallly fitting IMO.

Got my DD here: TBH quality isn't awesome (on the chrome finish - a bit flaky but doesn't bother me. I had another previously which was much better finished so seems to be a mixed bag). Know there were some high-end ones also done - but they're at least 3x more expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/catapults-gypsy-hunting-slingshot-dark-destroyer/283873127134?hash=item4218282ade:g:eek:TcAAOSwISRenWPA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.