Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I am not sanding a frame. I am sanding down my finger with a steel file. I am getting flyers because of the accumulation of much dead skin causing a pocket to form on my finger.
Of course, now I have no idea where the shots will land, as I have almost half finger remaining ????

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You worry me, Skropi.
Don't worry man, the callous was just too big. I couldn't even close my finger properly. Now it's all pink and nice. With the lighter bands I shoot now, I believe I won't have this problem again!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm glad you're here Skropi Your post are always fun
Thanks Tag! I am glad you are here too! I mean, it's the first time I remain a member in a forum for so long, and I feel at home here ☺

Reactions: hoggy

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
May I suggest a clean razor and some coconut oil... mousturize and hydrate.

Also before cutting the dead bits soak in some white vinegar.

I used to have karate feet..
Not going into details out of kindness.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I suggest a clean razor and some coconut oil... mousturize and hydrate.

Also before cutting the dead bits soak in some white vinegar.

I used to have karate feet..
Not going into details out of kindness.
I managed to take it out with the file :) It was much more work than it seemed, and my finger is so sensitive now, in constant pain, but at last it'll have a chance to heal, and I do feel things with it now ????

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Skropi, dude! Next time go to a manicurist! Also, how much do you shoot to develop a callus like that?!

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Rock climbers do this, too, as we build up thick callouses. We usually knock them down with sandpaper, though. It's not unusual at all to go to the gym or to an outdoor crag and have conversations with people as they're sanding their fingers :lol:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skropi, dude! Next time go to a manicurist! Also, how much do you shoot to develop a callus like that?!
It's not how much I shoot, it's more that I am not resting. I think that a day off will be beneficial to be frank, and I will try to implement it if possible.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@MJ
Now I feel MUCH better, I am not alone ????

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A Dremel tool with a course sanding drum works well .
Treefork you are in my mind! It was my first thought!
Problem is, that now that the feeling returned, so did the pain. You guys were all right, I should have stopped shooting for a bit. I didn't then, so I will now, no way around it, as much as I tried.
I will try a few shots though, and if it's ok, I will just, drastically, reduce my daily shot count for a few days.

·
See The Target
22,226 Posts
Problem is, that now that the feeling returned, so did the pain. You guys were all right, I should have stopped shooting for a bit. I didn't then, so I will now, no way around it, as much as I tried.
I will try a few shots though, and if it's ok, I will just, drastically, reduce my daily shot count for a few days.
While you rest you can work on the mental aspect of shooting . Practice visualizing your shooting without actually shooting . Work on your breathing .

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While you rest you can work on the mental aspect of shooting . Practice visualizing your shooting without actually shooting . Work on your breathing .
Yep, my breath is really random if I don't pay close attention. I really have to work on it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts