Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
As I was having one of my last luch meals for the year 2010 at my mother's house the phone rang. I had no idea that the phone call was for me, and who was calling. My sister had answered the call and when she said the nickname of the person calling, I knew that the phone call was for me. I have never met the caller or had a conversation on the phone with him. Never the least, I was surprised that he had called me and did so, to tell me that he was on his way to the State of Aguascalientes coming from Mexico City to join his relatives for the holidays. He was traveling with his own family (his wife and two lovely little girls) and he was going to pass throught my town in a couple of hours.
I was asked if I could meet him at a paid highway stop close to my town Salamanca, Guanajuato. Of course I wanted to meet him and know him and his family in person. We had lost a chance to meet before at the same spot months before. This time, I was not going to let this chance to go to waste. I picked a couple of things and hurried to the highway stop.
I waited for some time and as it was getting dark, he and his family finally showed up. We gave a hug from resortero to resortero for meeting each other and for the holidays. His wife turned out to be a very nice lady, his little girls were just fantastic they all three were very patience. We spent a long time talking and showing each other our slingshots. I was delighted to see his resorteras and he was the same about mine. We were like little kids on a mercado stand looking at the resorteras and could not decide which one was the nicest. I liked all his resorteras, he really makes great slingshots, pictures do not get close to what his resorteras really look in real.
I had met him on line on another forum, when I asked if somebody knew who made mezquite board resorteras. He answer me that I should give it a try and make my own, but a natural. I have never make a resortera and never had a natural. I used to use Marksman 3040 slingshots, but I wanted a mezquite resortera. That was just back on last August.
He gave me some tips on how to make a natural and what to use. We interchange our e-mail address and we started to write to each other, later I gave him my phone number. He is a very nice guy and had share on line ideas, pictures about slingshots, but family pictures as well. He also brought me to this forum and encourage me to post my resorteras, he is one of a kind.
I was very happy to meet him that day and I was told that he was going to see me again when he returned to Mexico City at the same spot. I am going to share a picture of some of the goodies he gave me. Santa did not come to my house... but days later this guy did. I will tell you more about thi story and show you some pictures next week of the resorteras that he gave me and tell you who he is. Saludos.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
I wish I could meet some of you like that some day. It sounds like a great time amd a great man to help you as he has. I also am awestruck that you just began making resorteras just last year as yours are some of the best I have seen and definitely youare one of my favorite resortera-men.

I enjoyed your story and look forward to more about this fellow.

Also, are the Marksman slingshots common down there in Mexico?

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Just bumping this up, I am dieing to hear more about what you received from the mystery visitor! (Chepo?
)

As well as see what these forks may have become.....Xidoo that was an inspiring narrative, it is what we all dream of, sharing some time with a fellow enthusiast, getting a few things out of it doesn't hurt either!!

Thank you for sharing this fantastic experience, and I look forward to that update you promised us!

Cheers - John

p.s. That is a fantastic loot you came away with as well......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.