Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
High Desert Flipper very generously passed along a Saunders' Wing to me. After some guidance and encouragement from Chuck Saunders, and a reasonable amount of practice, I am now a Wing fanatic.

I would like forum members to have an opportunity to shoot this innovative and evolutionary slingshot. So, if you are curious about the Wing - here is your opportunity.

This is a pass-along - not a contest or a giveaway. As long as we all cooperate, everyone who participates will be able to shoot HDF's Wing.

Here's how it works:

Post here if you want to participate. I will send the Wing to the first forum member on the list, who can shoot it for a reasonable period of time and then send it to the next forum member. I will keep a running list here, to track the Wing's travels and make sure that everyone gets to shoot it.

I am going to include a notebook in the shipping box, to write observations and/or messages. Please use this thread for post Wing-related questions and comments.

In keeping with forum traditions, I will also include a few extras in the shipping box. Feel free to add or take extras - but please do not hijack the Wing.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Thanks for your questions.

The open grip and the banding system set the Wing apart. I do not know of any other commercial slingshot that is designed to be shot with an open grip. Once you learn to trust the tether, it really makes a difference in my accuracy. The banding system is very simple and very secure. Unlike other clip systems, it does not rely on a screw or bolt.

Initially, Chuck helped me with some questions about the banding system. We had some additional discussions regarding the Wing's development and Saunders' design philosophy. We also discussed open grip, trusting the tether, and ammo selection. The best advice Chuck gave me is to approach the Wing with an open mind.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your questions.

The open grip and the banding system set the Wing apart. I do not know of any other commercial slingshot that is designed to be shot with an open grip.
You do realize that any slingshot with a lanyard can be shot with an open grip and do the archery drop.
Thanks for your insight. I have tried the open grip w/ other slingshots w/ a lanyard and it does not work the same for me.

Please let me know if you want me to add you to the pass along list.

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
Love it! Let the wing fly around and keep a log of it's adventures! I saw a similar thing with a classic Bear takedown recurve but never connected the dots to think of doing it with slingshots like you have. I'll have to consider putting a few more out there. I would offer up a Scorpion next since people have asked about them several times here- I am really enjoying mine currently but am not willing to let one of those go just yet. I found the wing different and fun to figure out. I hope all who get a turn enjoy the experience.

Also have to say I am really impressed with a lot of slingshot companies. I never contacted Saunders but have heard he is great about getting back to people personally. I have contacted Pocket Predator and Simpleshot and they were excellent about getting back with helpful responses. Would be nice if all companies worked that way.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
okay, i deleted some old messages.
Got the same error message "The member hoggy cannot receive any new messages."

Can you PM your mailing address to me? Thanks!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.