Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hello folks,

Thought I'd say hi and also ask for advice from what seems like a great forum.
I recently bought a Cougar and am looking for the rubber attachment bands that I saw in this video & also on Hunter catapult's website that's used to attach the flatbands to the Catty. I'm also keen to try the conventional method of tying them to the Cougar but I'd really be grateful for any advice.

Come to think of it, why do some of the guys here call it a catty? I'm originally from South-Africa & in my native language we call a slingshot a kettie. As a kid I owned a number of catapults and always saved punctured inner tubes to make naturals& even sold them on occasion to school buddies. For some reason I always struggled to find the surgical tubes or even the square rubber bands and to be honest, I never really got on with any thing other than red tractor inner tubes simply for ease of use & repairs, besides, red is an awesome colour when you're a kid

A month or so ago, I read a survival book & when I thought about hunting for food WTSHTF, I figured I'd go back to what I knew, stumbled upon Jörge's videos and as they say in the movies, badda bing, badda bank balance deficit looming, I'm posting on a slingshot forum asking for help & saying hi. I'm loving the Dankung Cougar for many reasons (incredibly accurate, comfortable and customisable) & wanted to say Kudo's to Dankung & Jörg for designing such a thing of value.

thanks for any advice
roi

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't use flatbands much anymore but I simply wrapped mine with either little strips of spare flatband or a cut #32 rubber band and secured with a square knot. I know there is another knot (there's a video on Jeorg's channel) but I just use a plain square knot and have never had one fail.

If there is any way, can you post some pictures of your old-school catapults/ketties from your youth? I really love old slingshots and I have learned a great deal by simply looking at pictures people from across the world have posted.

Also, did you do any hunting down there with them? If you did we'd love to hear your stories in the Hunting Section (in the Off-Topic part at the bottom of the home page).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.