Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,426 Posts
I was shopping for some rubber bands for my business and run across this. Read the description! Is rubber band company concerned about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
http://www.shoplet.c...s/ALL24145/spdv
I think you'd have to be wrapping up a lot of things with rubber bands to develop Carpal Tunnel, most of us guys get it the more 'traditional' way!

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Not sure I follow. Please explain for us slow ones.

·
Banned
388 Posts
sounds like a bit of pc bull trying to protect companies from being sued by lazy staff for non existant injuries!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I was shopping for some rubber bands for my business and run across this. Read the description! Is rubber band company concerned about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
I think you'd have to be wrapping up a lot of things with rubber bands to develop Carpal Tunnel, most of us guys get it the more 'traditional' way!

[/quote]

:lol:lol

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
http://www.shoplet.com/Alliance-Sterling-Ergonomically-Correct-Rubber-Bands/ALL24145/spdv
Fish I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. It hurts all the time with no relief. It is like I have my hand in water that is too hot. I don't know if I got mine from an past injury, shooting or tying band sets. I have not lost much grip yet, but if I do I will have to get surgery. I know several shooters that have this problem. -- Tex

·
1,426 Posts
Fish I have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome. It hurts all the time with no relief. It is like I have my hand in water that is too hot. I don't know if I got mine from an past injury, shooting or tying band sets. I have not lost much grip yet, but if I do I will have to get surgery. I know several shooters that have this problem. -- Tex
[/quote]
Are you SURE it was slingshots?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I am not as that arm was injured rather badly about 30 years ago, but more and more shooters I am in contact with say they have a little problem along this line. -- Tex

·
1,426 Posts
No I am not as that arm was injured rather badly about 30 years ago, but more and more shooters I am in contact with say they have a little problem along this line. -- Tex
I'm sorry buddy - you know I'm only pulling your strings!

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
I am having a lot of trouble with my hands. Worked construction for 32 years and like to carve spoons with just my knives. Now I'm making and shooting slingshots. I started out right away shooting the strongest bands I could get my hands on, soon found out about double theraband gold and nearly crippled myself real quick. I've backed off now, and mostly shoot gentler bands and chinese style tubes. But still shoot the strong stuff once in a while. I've also broken down and bought myself a dremel. Wood carving is brutally tough on the hands.
But now I can't call myself a "bushcrafter" anymore.

Anyway, Tex I feel your pain.
... and Sam: stop acting like a monkey, you need that hand for slingshooting, now.

·
1,426 Posts
They have a thing called 'cubers thumb' when you do too many Rubik's cubes, you can also get it in the wrist. I've heard accupuncture can help.
Rubik's Cubes - I loved my Rubik's Cube! I used to amaze people with my ability to solve it, I was just following instructions!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts