Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to make a cedar mule and I did but never felt so good seemed a little like I be eating cedar so I cut it in half never figured I could pull that off but some how I did so further into it I was putting ca on it and rubber from my clamps was sticking to so I got the bright idea to take rubber off ya bad idea made couple marks but I figured it’s going to happen anyway might as well get it over with .but all in all it looks not bad not sure about the soft cedar thanks for looking

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bet walnut was hard to work with as well, you nailed it though
u know one tool that makes things easy is a dremel or a knock off of them u can get 3 different sanding drums and carbides lots of little bits to work wth even small drill bits don't cost a lot of cash if u Waite for them come on sale .As long as u don't over speed them the little drums last for a while drums don't like sticky epoxy much either .If u get one try to find one with the speed control dial I find the one I have with like a little stick u move has a bit of a mind of its own and likes to over speed .But not much of a tool for inside the dust flys

·
Registered
198 Posts
I love my Dremel, but it makes a mess. My wife on the other hand hates it with a passion. Another great job, good call on cutting in half. I would be pretty hesitant to go beyond pink and air soft pellets with a thin ceder frame. You made it look like you planned it all along.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Haha this board cut has a long story I grabbed a couple cedar forks than read around about cedar forks well seemed natural ones r ok but no so much board cuts but I figured if I made it an 1inch thick it be fine well had a bad feeling about it so I split it and shot for 5mm scales .Thanks Wreck it the fun never stops sometimes ????

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have a little bit of everything Joe lol sometimes the dremel is quieter than the compressor hammering away messing up the tunes and bugging the neighbors lot of late night builds

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sweet that be the first A+ this fella ever got I will have to give it another go see if it was just a fluke! Thanks GP

·
Registered
566 Posts
Top job! A lovely frame. Inspired me to try a mule. My knock-off Dremel died the other day.....got years of use out of it though.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks rosco think there going to be a couple mules floating around the forum .yep the dremel has a place in the tool box for sure don’t even matter the name on it just as long as it spins a bit ????

1 - 20 of 20 Posts