Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a scout LT - great slingshot. I like a heavy slingshot, so I bought the weight to go in the handle. I was disappointed - the weight didn't add much heft and it rattled in the handle, which irritated me. Looking at ways to add weight, I came across tungsten paste - a product I'd never heard of. I molded 2 ounces of the past into the hollow of the handle which added much more heft.

Next problem - the paste kind of oozes out of the lanyard holes after a while. Went to the hardware story bought two set screws - sorry, didn't note the size - that were just the right size so they cut threads in the plastic when I screwed them in.

Nice little slingshot for me with those mods.

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
Thanks for the info..
It seems I remember the Champ in your avitar.
Seems it was built by Truth or Nothing and won SSOTM
Back in the day. Same one? It's really awesome!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info..
It seems I remember the Champ in your avitar.
Seems it was built by Truth or Nothing and won SSOTM
Back in the day. Same one? It's really awesome!
I got it from Dan Ambrocious. I'm not sure who Truth or Nothing is - if he's the same guy as Closson Customs, then yes.

My favorite slingshot by far. All G10, very heavy, and fits my hand perfectly. It's also a little working piece of art. Couldn't have more pride in ownership.

·
aka CYBORG
2,060 Posts
The weight rattled in mine until I really torqued the screws down. Now I can barely detect but not hear the faintest movement but it doesn't bother me. If it becomes annoying again, I might try staking the weight or letting a small gob of glue harden on it to prevent movement.

In the LT reviews, someone complained about that rattle too - solved it by slipping a small balloon over the weight. Also, some thick tape might be effective as well.

·
Registered
929 Posts
The weight rattled in mine until I really torqued the screws down. Now I can barely detect but not hear the faintest movement but it doesn't bother me. If it becomes annoying again, I might try staking the weight or letting a small gob of glue harden on it to prevent movement.

In the LT reviews, someone complained about that rattle too - solved it by slipping a small balloon over the weight. Also, some thick tape might be effective as well.
Thanks for sharing the tip!

Yes, a piece of elastic can eliminate the rattle perfectly. Handle weight is using the inner contour of the LT handle but with an offset. The thicker the plate the larger the offset to make it fit without the hassle or without scratching the area. These scratches may be unpleasant once the weight is removed, so this is the reason why snug fit was not the best idea between metal and plastic.

So a leftover piece of rubber is all you need to make it fit.

Cheers,

Tremo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts